Chapter 32

**Lillys POV**

I walked to Ravenclaw tower to see if I could go appoligize to Carolett I knew she would never forgive me but I had to try. I went to the portrait and it asked me.

"Their were boats full of people but when you look you cant see a single person how is that so?" I raked my brain

"They were all couples." I heard a voice behind me and I turned aroun to see  Xenophilius Lovegood.

"Thanks Xeno!" I exclaimed 

"why are you going to Ravenclaw tower?" He asked 

"I need to appologize to my sister about something." I said and he nodded going up some stairs I took the same stairs I used last time and heard a scream of agony I went to the girls dorm to find it locked I tried to open it. Eventauly it was unlocked and I ran in to see Carolett past out on her bed with sweat going down her cheeks her breaths shallow. I shook her but she didnt even stir.

"Carolett wake up!" I beged and I hoisted her on my shoulders and I ran down the stairs and started taking her to the Hospital Wing. I saw the Maruders running up to me.

"What happened to Carolett?" They asked in unsion I shurged and Sirius took Carolett of my shoulders and hoisted her up because he was stronger we ran to the hospital wing and put her on a bed. Madam Pomfrey gave her potions and did spells. 

"Lily we have a question, do you know why Carolett was crying earlier?" James asked and they sll turned to me

"She- I -I -I woke up to find that Carolett wrote me a note that I should stay in her dorm for the day and she would gett my work. Then I saw the book that she seemes to never goes any where with out and I read it, then I saw her--- diary, and I-I-i kind of read it, and found out she wasnt my sister and I got mad at her for not telling me and she left the room crying." I said. They looked at me with clear fury

"I was about to appologize thats why I was their!" I excalimed

"That explains why she was mad when James asked how you were." Peter squeaked I looked down in guilt. Caroletts eyes fluttered open and she looked around the room and her eyes stopped at me

"Why are you here?" Carolett snapped at me

"Carolett your ok!" James Sirius and Remus exclaimed in usion and they took seats around her bed and Peter joined them. I looked at my shoes guilty

"Carolett i'm really sorry about earlier I just lost it when I figured out." I said

"Thats YOUR fault you litterly went through my diary!" She exclaimed and I left becasue I knew she needed time to forgive me.

(caroletts p.o.v)

I ran off as soon as Lily walked away. I didn't want to be with anyone. Why was she even carrying me. I thought I was in bed unless.. no I can't forgive her she went through my personal stuff. I can't forgive her for doing that. Can I? I heard the Marauder's trying to catch up to me but I lost them in the crowd of people in the court yard. I ended up at the black lake near the tree.

I climbed and climbed till I reached the top. I saw the Marauder's looking for any sign of me but hey couldn't see me. I sat on the top branch and let the wind take me away. I sat there for hours till it started to get dark. I didn't want to leave but I had to. I had classes tomorrow and I needed to get my homework done. So I climbed down the tree and trudged to my dorm.

"Why can't I move on my own. Why does my heart hurt?" The knocker said. "Your heartbroken" I said making the knocker move. I walked into the common room making people stare at me. I just ran up to my dorm finding my roommate there. "Ugh! Your still here! " She said. 'trust me I wish I wasnt' I thought going to my bed.

I was in the middle of doing my homework when I heard a ruckess from downstairs. I poked my head out of my door and my heart sunk. They found me again. I quickly hid under my bed but there was a compartment that I as able to fit in so I went in there. My door slammed open and I heard people screamed downstairs and spells being shot.

Luckily made it look like I wasn't there. My stuff was put away and everything was neat to the rim even my bed. "She's not here! Hey you! Where's carolett Gryffindor!" A deatheater yelled at my dorm mate. "I don't know" she said. I was shocked even after all this time she was protecting me even though she knows where I was.

"Tch your no use! Avarda kadavra!" The deatheater yelled. The next thing I heard was a thump. I saw her then. Her blonde spread across her face, her once grey eyes lifeless,pale as a ghost, and even though she was dead she was smiling. I tried not to cry but as soon as the deatheater left a tear slipped from my eye. 

I heard a few thuds downstairs and knew a few others were dead. I heard screams echo through Hogwarts. I couldn't do anything. I had to stay put. Soon the screams and spells died down. I slowly left my dorm. I looked around noticing students hiding some crying silently. That's when I saw it ten bodies on the ground as pale as my dorm mate. They were gone.

This was all my fault. I slowly left my common oom even though a few other third years tried to stop me. Eventually two seventh years left with me. We looked around seeing two bodies on the ground pale as well. We just quietly walked down the halls. Every few turns we saw at least one dead body. This is all my fault. We kept our wands out just in case. We eventually came to the great Hall finding no death eaters. 

We peeked our heads into the great Hall seeing other students there from other houses but no death eaters. We walked in there making their heads snap to us. They let out a sigh of relief. I heard footsteps run to me. "Thank Merlin your ok" I heard James say. I nodded and a few tears streamed down my face seeing all the dead bodies. They all sacrificed themselves for the school and me. James stepped back and looked at me.

"You know they were yelling at everybody asking where you were?" He said. I nodded making more tears stream down my face. "Potter how many in Gryffindor's are gone?" One of the seventh years asked. "Seven" he said. "Hufflepuff was eight and we were just waiting for ravenclaw since Slytherin didn't lose any." Remus said. "W-we lost f-fourteen" I muttered. They all stepped back in shock.

I cry ripped from my throat and I fell to the ground. "It's all my fault!" I yelled. I felt someone pick me up. "Hey.. no it's not you didn't know they would attack" sirus said. "It's my fault my dorm mate died. She may have hated me but she still protected me. She had so much to live for." I said.

I was shaking with many tears goin down my face. Soon the rest of the students joined us and he teachers came in. "How many?" Dumbledore asked me. "Well we went out and check a few minutes ago and it was in total ten Gryffindor's,thirteen Hufflepuff,no Slytherin, and ravenclaw had it worse we lost twenty." I said tears falling from my face. He nodded looking slightly upset. "Minerva we lost fourty three students." He told her. She nodded writing it down.

"It's all my fault I'm so sorry" I said. "Ms.evans it's not your fault you didn't know it would happen" he told me. I heard a Gryffindor yell from the back " of course it's her fault our friends could be dead' because of her!" Tears fell from my eyes and I didn't want to stop them. It is my fault I should've go e to them and none of this would have happened.

A few ravenclaws and hufflepuffs stood up for me saying I had no idea this would happen. I collapsed to the ground body stiff and I lost my self.

(James p.o.v)

When the Hufflepuff and ravenclaw houses were backing up carolett I saw her legs and arms lock up. Her eyes glazed over and she fell to the floor making a loud thump. Everyone turned to her. She held her head and started saying something. I picked it up and she kept saying "the war is near! Lives will be taken! THe dark lord grows powerful with each day passing! Only a boy at age one shall stop him! Dark times are ahead! Only the boy will stop him!" Before she fell to the ground passed out.

A few people stood there scared while the teachers were discussing it. What is happening? Why did carolett say that?