Chapter 40

I laughed and went to the Ravenclaw common room. I got into my bed and quickly took out the little mirror that I had gotten from James last Christmas. He had explained that if I said someone’s name I would be able to talk and see someone threw the mirror shard. 

“Petunia,” I said clearly and an image of her popped up.

”Petunia!” I exclaimed and she snapped around and sighed in relife.

”Carollet your okay!” She exclaimed and looked at me

”Yeah I just wanted to let you know. I just realized I haven’t talked to you in a while.” I said we talked for a while then said good night and I went to sleep.

 I woke up late and rushed to class.

”Good morning class! I’m going to put you into groups of two then we’re going to have a little competition!” Slughorn exclaimed 

“Right so let’s have Mr.Potter and Mrs.Evans.” Slughorn said

”which one?” Lily asked

”you.” Slughorn said and she slouched to James I mentally laughed.

”Mr.Prewit and Mrs.Evans.” 

“Which one?” Two younge boys asked in union

”Gideon.” He replied and a boy sat next to me.

Slughorn finished calling the names end explained that who ever brewed the best batch of love potion would get a vail of liquid luck. 

“Hi I’m Carolett it’s nice to meet you.” I said sticking my hand out

”pleasure.” Gideon replied and shook my hand

”I’ll get the ingredients can you set the temperature.” I asked and he nodded and winked at me. I went tot he back and got all of our supplies I walked back and started chopping some roots. We made the potion and had small talk the whole time. Then the timer went off and Slughorn came around. I smelt our potion, I smelt Chocolate, and—  I looked up as Slughorn came and he wore a huge grin.

”our winners! And I have decided these are your partners from now on.” Slughorn announced handing us both a vial if liquid luck. I saw Lily fume at the fact she would stuck with James and I laughed. I walked out of class.

I walked out and headed to defence against the dark arts. I walked down the hall and waited by the door. "Oh look it's ickle carolett" I heard a Slytherin near me say. I didn't say anything ignoring them. "Look at me when I talk to you or else" he said. "Or what?" I muttered. As he went to punch me I caught it with my hand. I moved from the fist to his wrist. I slowly started putting pressure on it and he looked at me like I was crazy.

I glared at him making him take a step back. "If I'm so ickle then why am I in a fourth years class at age thirteen" I said hearing his wrist start to snap. "Carolett let it go!" I heard Lily yell. I yanked my hand off and walked into the classroom. I sat down in the middle seat and took notes from off the board till class fully started. "Ok class today we will be leaving about werewolfs' and their terrible nature" proffsoer wilbuln said (random name). I looked over at Remus and noticed he paled. "Proffesor if I may" I said standing up. "Yes?" He said.

"Well sir, have you ever encountered a were wolf?" I asked. He shook his head no. "Well sir, then what gives you any right to judge their nature. They might be innocent people who were cursed by this. Their like people. Like you and me so why should we judge them?" I said. He looked at me shocked and said "well I never put it that way". "Well then... Turn your pages to page 364" he said. We did and began reading and I looked at Remus.

He was looking at me smiling and when he noticed me whatchin he looked back down at his book and began reading. After the bell for class rang he told us we had to write a parchment full of facts on werewolfs and how to recognize one in the wild. I walked out of class happy with myself for helping a friend but my thoughts drifted back to the smell of the amatorina (can't spell). It's interesting. But who could it belonged to- oh.. hmm. Never thought I would find myself liking him but it's a small world.

I walked over to herbology smiling the entire time and waited for the Marauder's to catch up.