chapter two

arabella pov

arabella pov

I couldn't see my family anywhere but I assumed Father would have made sure they were okay.

Harry looked around worried for his friends and turned to me.

"Please be careful" He whispered looking into my eyes but keeping a distance.

"I'm coming with you" I went towards him.

Harry looked like he was going to argue but nodded pulling me with him, and then I looked around.

A crowd of wizards, tightly packed and moving together with wands pointing straight upward, was marching slowly across the field.

I squinted at them any one of these men could be my father or people who has brought over and I would have no idea. I then looked up and saw a horrific sight.

High above me, floating along in midair, four struggling figures were being contorted into grotesque shapes. It was as though the masked wizards on the ground were puppeteers, and the people above them were marionettes operated by invisible strings that rose from the wands into the air. Two of the figures were very small.

More wizards were joining the marching group, laughing and pointing up at the floating bodies. Tents crumpled and fell as the marching crowd swelled. Once or twice I saw one of the marchers blast a tent out of his way with his wand. Several caught fire. The screaming grew louder.

I couldn't handle the sight and turned away and kept my eyes on Harry.

"Harry, Harry" We heard shouting.

It was Ron and Hermione, when they saw Harry they sighed in relief and ran towards us but slowed when they saw me.

"What is she doing here" Ron grumbled.

I rolled my eyes not really liking him either but Harry pulled all four of us to move saying

"I found her let's go!"

With that said we all ran

I wasn't running as fast as I should have because next thing I knew I spell hit the ground before me causing an explosion which made me fall into a tree.

I gasped for a while trusting to catch my breath before limping up seeing as though I was covered in blood and dirt.
Harry ran up to me Ron and Hermione not far behind and helped me up. He looked at me with worry but I nodded to him that I was fine so we continued on.

We ran into the forest this time without me getting hit .

Ron than tripped over something causing us to stop.

"Tripped over a tree root," he said angrily, getting to his feet again.

"Well, with feet that size, hard not to," said a voice from behind them.

We turned sharply and the sight made me gasp. My brother was standing alone nearby, leaning against a tree, looking utterly relaxed. His arms folded, he seemed to have been watching the scene at the campsite through a gap in the trees.
Ron told Draco to do something that I could never say in front of my parents.

"Language, Weasley," said Draco his eyes glistening . "Hadn't you better be hurrying along, now? You wouldn't like her spotted, would you?"

Draco seemed to not have noticed me seeing as though I was hiding behind Harry waiting for the right moment.

He nodded at Hermione, and at the same moment, a blast like a bomb sounded from the campsite, and a flash of green light momentarily lit the trees around them.

"What's that supposed to mean?" said Hermione defiantly.

"Granger, they're after Muggles, "said Malfoy. "D'you want to be showing off your knickers in midair? Because if you do, hang around. . . they're moving this way, and it would give us all a laugh."

"Hermione's a witch," Harry snarled.

"Have it your own way, Potter," said Malfoy, grinning maliciously. "If you think they can't spot a Mudblood, stay where you are."

"You watch your mouth!" shouted Ron.

I had only used  the term Mudblood once or twice but only in front of Father knowing so that if I didn't I would be in serious trouble

"Never mind, Ron," said Hermione quickly, seizing Ron's arm to restrain him as he took a step toward Draco

There came a bang from the other side of the trees that was louder than anything they had heard. Several people nearby screamed. Draco chuckled softly.

"Scare easily, don't they?" he said lazily. "I suppose your daddy told you all to hide? What's he up to - trying to rescue the Muggles?"

"Where're your parents?" said Harry, his temper rising. "Out there wearing masks, are they?"

I glared at the back of Harry's head because although that may be true they were still my parents.

Draco turned his face to Harry, still smiling.
"Well. . . if they were, I wouldn't be likely to tell you, would I, Potter?"

"Oh come on," said Hermione, with a disgusted look at Malfoy, "let's go and find the others."

Before anyone could say anything I came out from my hiding spot.

"Dray" I whispered.

Draco calm demeanor deflated once he saw me and rushed towards me pushing Harry out of the way.

"We must get you of here" He whispered looking around.

He knew if father saw me like this with the Golden Trio I was already dead.

I nodded and turned to Harry giving him a sad but loving look that no one else saw before we sprinted away from everyone and to find mother.

'God I hope Harry will be alright' I thought as I ran.

"Arabella" I heard someone gasp and looked up to see Mother looking at me with worry and sadness.

She ran towards me and pulled me in for a hug before looking at my injuries and gasping.

"Oh baby girl I was so worried what happened why weren't you with us" She shouted but I could see she was more worried than angry.

I looked down

"I'm sorry mother I went to explore than I heard screaming and oh mother I was so scared" I started to cry.

Mother and Draco pulled me in for a hug before pulling away.

"Come we must go" Mother said before apparating us away from the destruction.

(I didn't follow the exact story line and changed a few parts but I hope you still enjoyed it. Also many of the words I use are the exact words from the book so I give that credit to j.k Rowling)