Setting Boundaries

The control Sebastian had prided himself on throughout the millennia was slipping away. He hadn't been able to stop himself from following Gaia to Club Spin, and he found himself unable to stop himself from following her now. Bash slipped through the crowd effortlessly but kept his distance. He could close his eyes and her scent alone would guide him, even amongst so many other humans.

You can always scent your mate. Bash recalled another vampire telling him. Their unique fragrance calls to you.

Bash hadn't believed it, but he had seen the validity of the statement. He could sense if a human was in danger, after he'd fed upon them. This connection sometimes lasted two weeks. This ability seemed like a way to protect a food source more than it had to do with mating.

It was different with Gaia. A vampire's ability to track was superb, but the scent of prey could become hindered when they traveled in a car. After a short while, the human's odor would fade into the air and become difficult, if not impossible, to trace. In Gaia's case there was no limitation for Bash to follow her by scent. Gaia's fragrance was like a homing beacon, always pointing him to her current location.

Gaia's visit to the restroom was short. Bash was waiting and when she emerged, he moved quickly and took her hand.

"Bash!" Gaia yelled in surprise.

"We need to talk, Gaia," Bash said as he pulled her towards the VIP section.

Gaia was shocked to see Bash and didn't struggle. When they got to the VIP entrance, Bash glamoured the bouncers to get in. Sebastian chose a high-backed private booth and slid down into the seat, pulling Gaia along with him.

"What the hell are you doing here, Bash?" Gaia said through gritted teeth as she found her voice.

"I followed you here," Bash replied honestly.

"So, now you're stalking me? Leave me alone, Bash! I don't want to see you anymore," she lied. Gaia was still angry, but the part of her that loved him unendingly, jumped for joy.

Gaia tried to stand, but Bash held her down by the arm. "How can you say that, when even now, your cunt weeps for me," he spoke low and deep into her ear.

Gaia's physical arousal betrayed her underlying emotions. She cursed herself. How the hell does he know? She thought.

As if Bash could read her mind, he whispered, "I smell it, Gaia. Your desire is quite intoxicating. My feelings are mutual. You have me out of my wits, Sweet. You should take this admission as my peace offering. I don't make it a habit of revealing my weaknesses or my abilities."

Bash wasn't sure why he made such a confession. All he knew was he didn't want Gaia to leave. He was desperate for her.

How? Why? Why does she have this control over me? Bash so wanted to learn the answers, and the cure for the spell Gaia had put him under.

"Peace offering? Does that mean you've changed your mind? Have you come to tell me you'll turn me?" Gaia didn't hold her breath. She already sensed what his answer would be.

"Gaia—" Bash sighed.

"Save it, Bash. I'm leaving." Gaia made another attempt to leave, but once again, Bash stopped her.

"Who is he, Gaia?" Sebastian growled.

"None of your business! You and I are no longer together, Sebastian. You've made it clear you don't want to spend eternity with me." Gaia scowled.

"That isn't true!" Bash argued.

"Really? Because your actions say otherwise." Gaia's agitation mounted with Bash saying one thing but doing another.