To Date Or Not To Date

Gaia dreamt of Bash that night. Lucid dreams while she prayed he was real. Of course, as she woke in the morning, Gaia was jolted into reality.

Gaia was saddened to leave him behind. A lack of true sensations should have given away the dream state. She missed Bash. Gaia wanted to smack herself for craving him and loving him so badly. With Bash, it was like she had no semblance of control. Last night, she took it back. At least she tried to. Gaia wasn't sure just how successful she was.

It was so difficult to walk away from Bash when her entire body screamed to stay. Gaia had wanted Bash to take her home. Home to his home. Someplace she could spend the day and night with him. She assumed he had somewhere like that. A place he slept during the day.

I wonder if he sleeps in a coffin

Gaia giggled at her silly idea. Bash in a coffin was laughable. She knew he'd never be so cliché. Bash definitely slept in a bed. Alone, she hoped. Gaia didn't want Bash sharing a bed with anyone but her.

When the hell did I get so jealous?

Gaia had never pegged herself for the jealous type. But something about Bash, and it wasn't just the mind-blowing sex, possessed her to not want to share him with anyone, ever again, and not even in the smallest way. Gaia realized that was irrational. Bash needed to feed, and that required at least some physical contact with a human, that was not herself. This understanding did not keep Gaia from wanting to be the only person Bash sucked and fucked.

If Gaia was a vampire though, he'd have to feed off of someone else for sure. Her eyebrows furrowed into a frown. She didn't like that idea. Then again, so would she. So, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. Bash had never fed from her without some sexual favor in return. Gaia got an orgasm; Sebastian got dinner.

Is it always that way? Gaia pondered as she continued to lounge in bed. Maybe I wouldn't mind him feeding off of someone else, but I sure as hell don't want anything sexual attached to it.

She pouted.

Gaia missed falling asleep in Sebastian's arms. If she were with Bash, even if he were sleeping, Gaia would cuddle into him while she enjoyed the feel of his hard body against hers. She always slept better when Bash held her. Gaia had never longed for anyone like she did Bash. It hadn't been twelve hours since she last saw Bash, but Gaia couldn't stop thinking about him.

A part of Gaia wished Bash would have ignored her and showed up last night. It was for the best though. Oliver was nice. He seemed sweet as far as she could tell. Ollie impressed her; he didn't pressure her to come inside last night. Unlike a lot of guys, Bash showed Gaia respect and treated her like a person with a brain, and not just a hot body with a pretty face.

A piece of Gaia would have liked to go back in time to when she was an awkward-looking tween. At least then, she knew people saw her smarts and talent. That's what made Bash so amazing. He always seemed to see her intelligence and treated her like the complex person she was. Sebastian worshipped her body and fed her mind. It's what every woman wanted in a lover and partner.

Gaia sighed heavily as she scooted out of bed. After a quick trip to the bathroom and breakfast, she called Mads to make sure she got home okay.

Mads yawned as she answered the phone, "Hello—"

"Hey! Did everything go okay last night?" Gaia asked as she took a sip of coffee.

"Yeah. Uneventful as usual. But I hung out with Mark some, and he drove me home," Mads said, groaning as she stretched.

"Mark, huh? Is there something there?"

"Maybe—"

"Oh, okay! Be all cryptic then." Gaia laughed.