- 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘨𝘰𝘳𝘵

wikipedia

STEFANIE ELGORT

Stefanie at the 2018 Met Gala

BORN
October 13th 1996 (age 22)
New York City, New York, US.

EDUCATION
Fiorello H. LaGaurdia High School

OCCUPATION
Actress

YEARS ACTIVE
2016-present

Stefanie Rose Elgort (born 13th October 1996) is an American actress best known for portraying Lexi Howard in the HBO drama series Euphoria.

— EARLY LIFE
Elgort was born in Manhattan. Her parents are fashion photographer Arthur Elgort and Grethe Barrett Holby, an opera director. Elgort's father is of Jewish descent and her mother German.

The youngest of four children, she has three older siblings: sister Sophie Elgort, brother Warren Elgort, and brother Sonny Elgort, an actor.

Elgort attended The Professional Performing Arts School, Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School and graduated in 2015.

In 2016, Elgort worked as an intern for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.

— CAREER
Elgort made her professional acting debut as Amelia in the 2016 action comedy, The Nice Guys. In April 2016, she was announced to have joined the cast of Margaret Bett's Novitiate. The film premiered at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival. In Novitiate, Elgort stars as Sister Cathleen, a young woman who begins to question her faith as she trains to be a nun. The film was officially released on October 27, 2017.

The following year in 2018, she starred in a minor role in the film Assassination Nation. The film's director, Sam Levinson, subsequently cast Elgort as a series regular in his HBO drama series, Euphoria, which debuted in 2019. She plays Lexi Howard in the series, a role that Levinson wrote specifically for her.

Later that year, Elgort portrayed Elizabeth de Burgh in the Netflix historical film Outlaw King, co-starring Chris Pine as Robert the Bruce. Charles Bramesco of The Guardian found her to be "excellent despite her thankless role". The film marked Elgort's first performance using an English accent, which she was praised for by critics.

Elgort next starred as Courtney in Fighting with My Family (2019), her second time acting in a British film. A comedy-drama about WWE wrestler Paige's relationship with her family, co-starring Florence Pugh, Lena Headey, Vince Vaughn and Dwayne Johnson, the film premiered at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival and received critical acclaim.

In the same year, she took on a leading role in Ari Aster's horror film Midsommar, about a troubled couple who encounter Swedish cultists. David Edelstein of Vulture labeled her performance "amazingly vivid."

Elgort will next star in Greta Gerwig's film adaptation of Louisa May Alcott's novel Little Women. She will also star alongside Scarlett Johansson in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Black Widow, about the titular superhero.

— PERSONAL LIFE
During her time at Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School, Elgort was in a long term romantic relationship with fellow actor and "childhood sweetheart" Timothée Chalamet. The couple are said to have broken up in early 2015, primarily due to Chalamet's flourishing career. It is understood that neither party wish to comment publicly on their relationship.

As of June 2018, Elgort lives in New York City with her childhood best friend and singer Charlotte Lawrence.

— FILMOGRAPHY

Film

2016
The Nice Guys - Amelia

2017
Novitiate - Sister Cathleen Harris

2018
Outlaw King - Elizabeth de Burgh
Assassination Nation - Grace

2019
Fighting With My Family - Courtney
Midsommar - Dani
Little Women - Amy March

2020
Black Widow - Yelena Belova
Mainstream - Frankie

Television

2019
Euphoria - Lexi Howard