𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚

instagram

stevieelgort back in the concrete jungle 🍎

stevieelgort
back in the concrete jungle 🍎

liked by olivia_dejonge, kaiagerber and 420,687 others

view all 2,807 comments

sophieelgort where you belong

user1 the dream

sydney_sweeney miss u already 😢

real life

"It feels so good to be back." Stevie announced, setting two glasses of red wine down onto the table and sliding into the chair opposite Saoirse.

The past 2 months had been intense for Stevie; working with Jacob had proved difficult, but worthwhile. It was April and she was finally back in New York for a month before she started filming her next movie, Black Widow. It was the first time in years that Stevie had so much free time on her hands.

"You've definitely been missed out here." Saoirse replied. The pair had planned to catch up over drinks. "No one else ever wants to come get pissed in a random bar with me. You've been back 2 days and here we are 3 drinks down."

"Believe me, I wish I could have just flown here to drink with you. I needed it." Stevie shook her head and took a large sip from her glass. 

"Was it really that bad?" Saoirse gaped at her friend, earning a nod from Stevie. "To be fair, when we cane to visit the set it was so uncomfortable. I felt so awkward."

"I think he felt almost deceived by me, which is kind of idiotic considering Timothée and I broke up years ago." Stevie shook her head, thinking about the situation.

"... Why didn't you tell Jacob about Timothée?" Saoirse sipped her drink, eyeing Stevie expectantly.

"..." Stevie stared at Saoirse for a moment. "I guess I just don't like to talk about him like that. To think of him like that."

"Who? Timmy?" Saoirse furrowed her brow. "What do you mean?"

"I just worked so hard on Little Women to reimagine him as just a friend, that talking about him in a romantic sense again would fry my brain."

"Are you saying that you aren't over him?" Saoirse's question was met by silence. "... Stevie..."

"I'm not not over him, I just—"

"You don't want to remember him or talk or think about him in a romantic way because you're scared that it's going to make you fall in love with him all over again?" Saoirse explained.