𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

"Hey, it's so great to finally meet you!" Saoirse opened her arms wide and gave Stevie a tight hug.

"Likewise." Stevie squeezed Saoirse back, taking in the coconut smell of her perfume. "It's kind of an honour, you know. I've grown up watching your movies."

"Oh babe! Stop it, you're too much." Saoirse blushed. "Anyway, come inside." She pushed the door open wider so that Stevie could enter the apartment.

"Thank you so much for inviting me to do this. Honestly it calms my nerves a lot." Stevie grinned as Saoirse lead her down the hallway to her kitchen.

"Honestly, it was no problem. We've wanted to do it for a while now anyway." Saoirse opened the door to the kitchen.

Stevie furrowed her brow as she entered the kitchen. "...We?" She stopped dead in her tracks in the doorway. Staring back at her from the island of Saoirse's kitchen was Timothée. "...I..."

"Hi..." He smiled lightly.

"... Hi." Stevie spoke through gritted teeth. "I didn't know you were going to be here."

"I'm sorry, I should have warned you before hand." Saoirse gushed. "Do you want me to give you guys a minute?"

"No." Stevie asserted, whilst Timothée simultaneously replied "Yes." They exchanged a glance, before Stevie sighed. "Okay."

"I'll go and watch a YouTube video in my bedroom or something." Saoirse grabbed her phone off of the side and walked towards the door. "Just come and grab me when you guys are ready to start."

Saoirse exited the room and Stevie stood completely still staring at the boy in front of her. Staring at the face she had not seen in real life in over 3 years.

"Do you want to sit down?" Timothée nodded at the chair next to him.

"I'm fine here." She pursed her lips and crossed her arms over her chest. "Did you orchestrate this?"

Timothée bit his lip shyly. "Maybe? ... But I just didn't know how to get you to talk to me again."

Stevie blinked slowly, resisting the urge to let tears spill everywhere. "What is there to talk about?"

"I just want to be on good terms for the sake of the film.... Not even good terms, just okay terms." He shook his head. "It doesn't have to be so hostile."

"I just... find it very hard to act like I'm not still incredibly upset by how you treated me. It's the kind of thing that you don't just get over." Stevie sighed.

"I know, I know." Timothée shook his head. "I guess I got over it because I was the one who instigated it. I saw it coming."

"And I really didn't." Stevie let out a sad chuckle. "I thought that you being distant was just a temporary thing. That you'd be back to normal when you finished the movie. I mean... Sure, it was difficult but I didn't think that it was permanent."

She shook her head and looked off to the side in thought. "I just don't think you realise how deeply your words hurt me. You were someone who was very special and important to me and for you to just treat me like I was nothing... It broke me.... I... don't know how to make you understand."

"I do understand, really. I listened to Charlotte's song. I know. I'm sorry. I can't tell you how sorry I am. I got caught up in myself." He missed a beat. "But arguably... What happened was for the best. Look at us, our careers are flourishing."

All at once, Stevie lost the will to fight him any longer. She was tired. She had spent the past three years of her life thinking about this boy and wondering what could have been and what never was. One day he was there and the next he was gone. And that's life. She could no longer be angry with Timothée for doing what was best for him.

"Ok." She sighed.

Timothée looked dumbstruck at the girl before him. He hadn't expected her to switch so easily. "Ok?"

"Ok." Stevie shook her head. "Ok. You did what you had to do for yourself. It wasn't a nice situation for me but how could it be? Break ups aren't nice. And you're right... look at what has happened since then and what's about to happen in these coming months. I'd be an idiot to unintentionally sabotage the project and my own career by carrying on being hostile towards you."

"Wow." Timothée raised his eyebrows. "I really did not expect that from you. Thank you, Stef."

"I guess you don't know me as well as you thought you did then." Stevie shrugged. "Are you going to go and get Saoirse?"

"Right." Timothée nodded, standing up and starting towards the door.

"Oh, and Timothée?" Stevie called after him.

He stopped in his tracks and turned to look at Stevie in anticipation. "Yeah?"

"My name is Stevie, not Stef." She announced, a slightly smug grin tugging at her lips.

"Right." He nodded, before turning back to the door to collect Saoirse from her room. "Noted."