Chapter 7

Hey! School is starting soon, so updates might be a bit more scarce, even though they already are pretty far apart in release dates. I'm going to be really busy the first couple months, so I'm sorry if I don't get around to writing this. I have a pretty set plan, so hopefully that'll help. Enjoy!
Bye😜
-V

Jason POV
Nico. Percy. Nico and Percy. Nico and Percy together. But how do I get them there? Ideas and thoughts float through my mind when they please. The one time I actually want to focus, and my normally manageable ADHD decides to flip out. Great.

I need music.

Turning to my phone, I find YouTube and hit shuffle on my playlist. 

Classic rock plays from my speaker as I reach for my notebook and a pencil. It's Idea Time. 

...

Spin the bottle. . .

Truth or Dare. . .

Force them to sit next to each other during the movie marathon. . .

Force them to sit next to each other during the movie marathon, and then play truth or dare in between movies!

...

After making a list of over 20 ideas, I've decided what the plan will be. I'll have to make sure Nico knows that I have a plan, but he can't know too much, otherwise he'll panic. I don't want him to panic.  All he needs to know is that he's going to end up close to Percy, and maybe Percy's face will end up on his during a lighthearted game of truth or dare. I mean, what could go wrong?

Nico POV

"PERCY!"

I jump to my feet, contemplating what to do. He's gasping for breath and going in and out of the water. He's going to drown if someone doesn't help him. But the beach is vacant. I'm the only one here, and there's no way he'll make it on his own. 

Now is not the best time for not knowing how to swim. 

But Percy is in trouble. I need to help him and I'll know that I tried. I take my shirt and jeans off as fast as I can and dive into the water. I try to stand and and do the awkward water run for as far as I can, but eventually my toes don't reach the sand. 

Taking a deep breath, I try to swim like I've seen lifeguards do in the movies. I probably look like I'm having a seizure, but it's only a few more feet before I reach him. My arm grabs his shoulder, and I try to drag him back to the beach. I yell his name, trying to get him to work with me, but I think he's having a panic attack. This is the worst place ever for this to happen. 

My head goes under quite frequently in attempts to keep him above water.

"I'm trying! Okay! I won't hurt you! I'm trying to stop!" He screams at the top of his lungs, I have no idea what Percy thinks is happening, "STOP!" He glares at his hands and yells at them. The water get rougher, and I'm having even more difficulty moving him. I don't even know if I'm moving forward at all.

"Percy!" I yell. "You're okay, it's not real. You're okay." He starts to sob. Hard. My feet graze the sand, and eventually I can walk if I stand on my tip-toes. "Percy, it's okay. You're okay." 

He keeps crying, but it's getting quieter. He's getting out of it. 

I stop and try to make him look at me. I get pushed under water by a wave, and come up choking. He's staring at me with a sad look in his eye. His face is all red, and his eyes are bloodshot. 

"Nico," he breathes. Tears begin to fall down my face as a small smile forms on my lips. 

He basically falls onto me and starts sobbing again. "I was back there. I was in Tartaurus. It was so real, Nico, I was there."

I close my eyes and push away thoughts of my own time there.

"You're not there anymore, okay? You're safe. I have you." I feel him take a deep breath, and his arms wind tightly around me. "You're okay." It's barely a whisper.

Annabeth POV

I don't know what shit I was thinking up. I needed to get my mind off of him and I ended up designing an entire fucking building. And not just any building- a three- fucking- dimensional design of a Pantheon, and, yeah, that includes the statues and the ceiling. Fuck.

Normal girls get a bucket of ice cream and watch chick flicks with their friends- I design a whole ass building after I break up with my boyfriend. Like, gods, what the ever-loving Hades? 

I fall back onto my bed, my hair billowing out around my face. I stare at the wooden roof, and think. Athena is the goddess of wisdom, right? Why do I not have any of that shit right now when I need it. My fingers play with the hem of my shirt, and my train of thought wanders. I need Piper.

Piper would know what to do. She'd tell me I don't need a boy to be happy. She'd tell me I did the right thing, and then we'd watch movies and throw popcorn at each other when we make bad jokes. And I'd tell her how 10 Things I Hate About You shouldn't have ended like that, and that it would've been really cool if she didn't end up falling in love, they just became friends. And she would roll her I eyes and tell me that "It's a chick flic. What did you expect?" 

I roll over onto my stomach. 

My phone (a curtesy of Cabin 9) is only a few inches away, and I could call Piper even though she's probably with Jason right now. Who needs boys, though, right?