Chapter 14

Hey, it's been a while but my brain was being annoying and I'm doing better now. I hope you like it!
Bye😋
-V

Lol I wrote this in 2020 and a tik tok just reminded me this existed. If anyone still wants to read this here you go I guess?? 

Annabeth POV

Jason had had to chase after the delivery guy for a very enjoyable 30 seconds from the affects of the wards, but we made it back to the cabin without further incident. Piper and I offered to hold the boxes, but Jason refused. His refusal was instantly met with two death glares, but he insisted. "You girls are both capable, but I've got it."

Jason opened the door by kicking the door handle down with his foot and then he somehow managed to bow and gesture to the inside with the boxes. "After you, m'ladies," He said. I walked through, followed by Piper and Jason. She giggled and kissed his cheek. A fit of jealousy I didn't know I had in me ensued, but I really wasn't sure about who I jealous at. I balled my fists, but took a deep breath and told myself to chill. 

The TV was still playing movies, but the tension in the room could be cut with a knife. Percy and Nico were six inches apart from each other, but still awkwardly positioned on the same bean bag and under the same blanket. I didn't think much of it. I didn't want to think much about Percy right now.

Hazel looked up from Frank's side with a bright, relieved smile.

"Hey, look who's finally back!" She turned to Frank. "Let's go get some plates from the kitchen." They scrambled off, trying to find which cabinet could be hiding the plates and utensils. 

"They're in the cabinet above the sink!" Jason instructed. Hazel and Frank couldn't figure out which one. "No, no, to the left! No, that's the cereal. Other left, Frank! Let me set this down and I'll just- here, Pipes, can you hold these?" He left the pizza boxes with Piper, exasperated, and stalked over to the kitchenette. "There really aren't that many cabinets, guys," He muttered.

Piper and I sat down in our previous spots by the TV. 

"So, what were you guys up to?" Piper asked, quite awkwardly. 

"Nothing!" Nico practically screamed. He lowered his voice, "Just...watching movies." Percy slapped his shoulder.

"Nice one, Neeks." Percy said softly, most certainly mocking Nico.  Nico rolled his eyes and grabbed a handful of popcorn, but Percy stole a couple of pieces from him.

Even though just moments before I had been jealous at Jason and Piper, I was jealous again at Percy and Nico. I wasn't in love with Percy anymore, but I guess I wasn't really over him. Maybe I was just jealous of Piper and Jason's relationship, not either one of them! That makes a shit ton more sense. 

I let out a deep breath and turned my attention back to the movie.

Nico POV

Okay, not my best move. That was the most suspicious thing I could've done. I might as well have just looked Annabeth in the eyes and told her "Hey, I know it's only been, what? A couple of weeks since you and Percy broke up? But, hey, I just made out with him a couple minutes ago. A few days since he got out of a coma amd forgot who you were. Get over it!" Like, gods, I might have just made out with him in front of her!

Nevermind...that would be weird.

Percy took a couple of pieces of popcorn from my hand, casually throwing them up in the air and catching them with his mouth. He looked back and smiled at me, but he didn't put his arm back around my shoulder.

I didn't mind too much, it was awkward considering Annabeth was here now, and he really doesn't know me that well even though we just kissed. I know he's intelligent but kind of a doofus, and he's funny, and he literally has no reason to like me back. He probably doesn't, actually.

"The food's ready guys!" Frank announced from the kitchen.

Annabeth paused the movie, and we all got up and walked over. It was a welcome distraction from my thoughts, but I doubt that eating pizza would make things less awkward.

Percy POV

It's weird being around people that you know you were close with, but don't remember much about. I can guess who was with me in certain memories, but I don't know which memories were most important to me before. I don't know who I am anymore.

I sit, mostly quiet, at the table as we eat, by leg bouncing on the floor. Hearing them talk gives me some more ideas of who they are.

The conversation mostly revolves around Annabeth mentioning obscure facts, Frank making bad puns, and moments of silence when an old memory is brought up. They all glance at me with caution, but they're just making it worse. I remember small bits and pieces as they reminisce, but I think I might have dodged a bullet losing some memories.

Nico seems absent from the conversation, and Annabeth starts sweating anxiously at times when the conversation takes trips down darker parts of our lives.