Chapter 9

Sorry.
😜
-V

Annabeth POV

We thought Leo was gone. We thought he was dead and we mourned him. We burned a flag in his honor. We thought he was gone.

Nico had thought Percy was having a seizure a couple of days after he went into a coma. Jason and I were outside in the hallway when he came out and started screaming for a doctor.

Will Solace had come to help, and he looked like he had seen a ghost. Percy has stopped moving, and, as Will checked his vitals, he told us the news.

Leo was back. He'd landed in the forest two nights ago, the evening Percy had almost drowned.

Nico POV

It wasn't a seizure. That was good news. It was probably him trying to move. That was good news. Leo was back- it was good news.

But Leo was hurt- badly. And Percy hadn't moved since the night Leo was found. That was bad news. Both boys were in the hospital, their rooms right next to each other. 

It seemed like the fates had woven the two boys' strings together, their stories now entwined. I didn't know if Percy would remember any of the strings before the one where he wakes up. Gods, I hope he wakes up.

Annabeth POV

I feel so selfish being miserable right now. We broke up, and I know we said we wanted to be friends, but I wasn't there for him. Nico was there for him, and I wasn't. We've known eachother since we were eleven, we were best friends, and I wasn't there for him.

And I'm obsessing over that fact, and not the fact that he's a godsforsaken coma. I don't deserve even his friendship.

I designed a building while he was drowning in the lake. And now I'm obsessing over the fact that I'm not worthy. I should be worrying about him.

I'm so sorry, seaweed brain.

Leo POV

It's cold.

That's not right. I'm Leo McShizzle Bad Boy Supreme, and the Bad Boy Supreme isn't supposed to be cold. I'm all flames and fire. I shouldn't be cold.

It's dark, too.

Why is it dark? My eyes feel so heavy, Maybe I should close them. Wait, they are closed. . . Why can't I open them?

I hear my breathing, but it sounds fake. I hear a mechanical beat, but sometimes it sputters. There must be a glitch in the programming.

I hear wheels squeaking on a floor. Why are there wheels here?

Percy POV

Huh, that's kinda odd.

It feels like the floor is moving underneath me. I'm sliding around a bit and I can't stop it. I squeeze my hand down on the sheets. Warmth envelopes that hand, and my entire body aches for more. Gods, I never notice the icy feeling inside of me until I feel the difference between me and whatever gift this is. It's so cold.

Leo POV

Someone is balling their eyes out right now, and it's kind of hard to try and concentrate while someone hardcore sobbing next to you. I've tried really hard to open my eyes. The stubborn bastards aren't doing it, though. No sir, they're shut tight.

Huh, it's weird not to be moving. I always have something on me. Wires, rubber bands, hair ties, anything. But my hands won't move.

If there was hell specifically for people like ya' boy Leo with ADHD, this would be it.

I don't know where I am, but I'm very cold, and the air feels very warm. Gods, what's happening to me?

P.S. Yes, I planned for him to be found in chapter nine. No, I was not planning it originally, but I made it happen and you can't stop me.

Also I was pretty surprised to hear that people actually care about this? Like people read this??? Damn. Okay, sorry.

Would you guys like me to explore Annabeth's point of view more? I want to, but I want to make sure that's something anyone would read.