Chapter 8

I'm so sorry that it's been so long. I'm considering stopping this, but I'll keep you updated. If anyone is really interested in me continuing this, please let me know. Otherwise I will be discontinuing it. I've lost some of the passion, but I'm hoping that I can bring it back next chapter. Love you guys!
Bye😜
-V

Percy POV

"5 things you. . . things you hear. . . 3 things. . ." Nico fades in and out of my sight. I hear him telling me things sometimes. There are other voices, too. There's a girl. Her voice is strong, but it sounds like if her voice cracks the wrong way it would turn into a sob. There is another boy. He sounds like he's trying to be a leader-the hero when everything has gone wrong and he's completely lost. 

Nico is the only one I hear cry. He tells me to wake up, but I didn't know I was sleeping.

Nico POV

I don't know if was an involuntary twitch, or some other side effect from him nearly drowning and hitting his head whenever I got him to the dock. Maybe he was just trying to wake up, and the strain caused his hand to move. 

His fingers wrapped around my palm the night after he almost drowned. His hand was holding mine, and, as I sat up after weeping at his bed (I know, it's pathetic and, yes, weeping is the best word to use. . .sadly) our hands were together. His callouses rubbed against mine, and my slightly smaller palm fit perfectly in his. 

A moment later, his arm went slack and it was over. 

Percy POV

This is it. I think to myself. I've finally lost it for good.

But before I can give up hope forever, I feel warmth spreading from my fingers up to my elbow. A coldness that I wasn't aware of suddenly is chased from the left side of my body. The rest of me craves more.

I squeeze it as tight as I can, hoping that maybe someone will see it. Maybe they'll know I'm alive- I'm here.

My arm goes slack.

I can't hold on for long, and I hope that in that short time someone noticed. My eyelids are too heavy to lift, but my mind is racing. Thoughts run miles in my head. I can't remember what happened. I can hear this awful weeping noise that won't go away, but maybe it's just my imagination.

Wet drops hit my hand, and my fingers spaz out.

Someone is saying my name over and over. Percypercypercypercy. . .are you there? I want to say yes. I want to do something. I want to scream. I'm here! I'm alive! I can hear you!

My mouth doesn't move, though.

My head does this weird switch that makes my beck crack, and I try wiggling my toes - I dont know if it even worked, but I try - and I make my fingers grab whatever is there.

I'm here. I want to scream.

Nico POV

Shit. Is he having a seizure? Is he just trying to move? What's happening?