Chapter 11

Sorry for last chapter being so short. . .this chapter will not be. I'm not going to bore you with my talking, thank you everyone for reading, voting and commenting!
Bye😜

Annabeth POV

He looks so confused.

Gods, he doesn't remember me. Will prepared me for this -all of us, really - but I didn't think it would actually happen. Not my Percy.

But it did. He doesn't remember me. He woke up one time with my name being the only thought on his mind, and now he doesn't know who I am. I guess I only got one chance.

Percy. . .Percy. . .Percy. . .

Nico POV

Percy says my name.

I hear someone by the door, and I see Annabeth in the doorway.
"You drool in your sleep"

Percy just looks at her, confused.

Annabeth stands there, pale and nervous looking. She doesn't know what to do, I guess. I wouldn't know what to do either.

She turns away, stops, and says something about going to get a doctor. I turn back to Percy.

"Who was that?" I take a sharp breath in. He doesn't remember her - at all. My voice is almost dead as I tell him who she is.

"Annabeth. Her name is Annabeth. You guys went through a lot together." I know it's selfish of me, but I tell myself that I don't know if he could handle more. It seems what I say is already hard enough for him to process.

He just pauses and says "oh" in a tiny voice.

"Nico?" He asks. Gods, he looks so confused, and I don't know what to do. I didn't plan on him remembering me - I was so insignificant.

"Yeah?" My voice sounds rough, a product of crying for hours on end. Gods, it sounds weird. What does he think of me, some boy that looks dead and has obviously been crying over him?

"What happened?" His voice is so small.

"Do you know who you are?" He nods slightly. "Well, I'm not sure why, but I think you had a panic attack. . . And you started drowning when you were underwater. I tried to help you since I was on the beach, but I can't really swim. I couldn't- um, you hit your head on the dock."

He looks at me, and I can't figure put what his expression means. Then, he starts smiling.

He's giggling.

He shakes, he's laughing so hard. He tries talking, but all that comes out are wheezes.

I don't know what to do. What exactly are you supposed to do when you tell someone their tragic backstory, and they start laughing?

He opens his mouth, and it takes him a while to get out what he's trying to say. He's laughing at me. What is happening?

"Wait- hold on, you *giggle* you can't swim?" I nod as he bursts into more laughing. "And you *giggle* you tried to *giggle* save me! From drowning!" Percy shouts the last part, dissolving into hysteria.

I realize the humor in it. I can't swim! I tried to save him from drowning. . . And I can't swim!

We both laugh. We laugh so hard that we sound like dying seals. Then, he snorts. He sounds like pig. Percy looks at me, mortified.

Then we laugh 10 times harder- if that's possible.

Will walks back in, right then, no Annabeth in sight. He gives us a look. The "what the fuuuuuck?" look. Gods, Annabeth just told him Percy's awake, and then he comes in and sees us laughing our asses off. He probably thinks I'm stupid or in shock or something.