Leaky Cauldron

The room I was led to was a fair sized one, much larger than the small space I had back in Juni's room. The floor was a rich varnished wood and the windows over-looked the train tracks of which I had just traveled on. Taking my hoodie off, I slung it over the chair and fell back onto my bed letting the plush duvet engulf me. Supposedly Harry was here from what the man had said and I felt it was necessary to see him considering that Professor Kuno never let me send the owl out and my location was never registered so no-one could send anything to me in the first place. That had meant the last time I had heard from any of my close friends was the day we got off the train from Hogwarts. I had gone to Neville's place a few times over the course of Summer and boy was his gran a character but she never really got in our way as we did what we wanted. It must have been 45 minutes before a knock on the door diverted my attention and hoisting myself off the bed, I approached expecting the Minister to have forgotten to say something in the meeting I had just left.

"Harry? So you really are here," I said noticing the familiar face with the same old glasses he had always had. "You look knackered mate come in."

"Thanks. I couldn't seem to find anyone else in their rooms so I thought I'd come pay you a visit. How've you been?" he asked now sitting on the chair opposite my bed.

"I've been good thanks. Tired but good. Pretty eventful summer with all the training and stuff I've had to do. But as they say, no rest for the wicked."

"I guarantee you it's better than what I was doing. You know how much the Dursley's hate me don't you."

"That I do know. I can only imagine how enjoyable your summer was man. You said there were others here? Anyone I would know?"

"Not too sure actually I only arrived last night. I tried all the doors earlier but no-one I knew seemed to be in their rooms. I didn't check the actual pub itself though. Come on let's go check," he said dusting himself off.

The screech of a rat and meow of a cat...bars...told me more than enough about two or the other residents here. Hermione and Ron. The chase had begun and it seemed like the rat was going to make it out alive once again as they left down the stairs, both myself and Harry slowly following their trail. 

"I'm warning you Hermione! Keep the bloody beast away from scabbers or I'll turn it into a tea cosy."

"It's a cat Ronald what do you expect? It's in his nature," the second voice defended. The insults had begun and a look from Harry showed that I wasn't the only one enjoying the tennis match.

"Harry! Y/N!" Ron said at our surprise appearance causing the young girl in front of him to snap around.

"Harry...Y/N" Hermione repeated.

Each of us took a place at the table, myself next to Hermione and Harry and Ron opposite. Crookshanks wasn't the prettiest of cats...by a long way...but it was nice enough toward me most of the time so I felt it was necessary to pet him whilst Hermione clutched onto him as if he were a handbag. You know...I actually think he's quite cute.

"See Ron? Y/N thinks Crookshanks is cute," Hermione remarked adding fuel to the flame.

"Well he might need Harry's glasses for all we know. That or he's crazy. No-one in their right mind would think that that dastardly cat is anything but ugly."

"What about you Harry? Do you think he's cute?" 

"I'm not getting involved what so ever," Harry smiled realizing he ought to stay out of this one.

"Well at least there's one person who sees your true beauty," Hermione said kissing the ginger cat on it's head.

"Oh big whoop why don't you two go run off together to the-"

"Not talking about Egypt again Ron?" Fred said stealing the newspaper off the table and interrupting Ron.

"No of course not."

"Harry Y/N!" Molly exclaimed hurrying down the stairs and toward the table where we sat. The mother brought us both into a hug before listing off all the items we needed for the next year as she would her own children. 

"Harry Potter. Y/N L/N," Arthur said from behind her shaking our hands. "Mind if I borrow Harry for a chat quickly?"

"Not at all. Harry I'll probably be catching up with everyone so just come join us when you're done," I offered the boy. Hmm where to go? Well I might as well say hi to Ginny now that she's here. "Ginny hey! How was Egypt?" 

"It was really fun," the youngest of the Weasleys replied now noticeably taller and teen-like. "It was so hot though and you wouldn't believe the amount of people there! I'm sure Ron is going to bore you with all the facts though so I won't bother getting into the finer details," she laughed. She had really grown over the past year, her first year at Hogwarts certainly being something to remember though with the diary and manipulation. "How was your summer?"

With that question, Hermione's eyes also fell on me awaiting my answer. Of course the studious girl would like to know how the rare type of wizard spent his summer. "It was pretty average to be honest. Training here, training there, actually pretty tiring and trust me when I tell you that my feet have never been so sore in my entire life. Aside from that, nothing special though...actually I did watch Spider-Man which BANGEDDDD."

"Spider what?" a confused Ginny asked. "Is that another type of wizard or a magical zoo or-"

Laughter burst out of the brunette beside her, Hermione obviously laughing at the lack of muggle knowledge from Ginny who now seemed to be even more confused. "It's a movie Ginny. A muggle movie. Look come over here and I'll explain," she said dragging her off to speak in the corner. Small giggles could be heard but I knew no matter how much I wanted to know what they were talking about, it was the kind of girl chatter I would never be able to hear. 

"What d'you reckon they're talking about?" Ron asked approaching from the table. "I don't get girls...they're just so confusing. And don't get me started on Hermione. She's something else you know. Imagine how over summer all she would ever ask me was about you and your power...bloody annoying I tell you."

"She did? First I've heard of it...you sure you aren't just making this up?" I questioned not imaging her focusing on me to that extent.

"Dead serious! And you heard her when you stroked her beast! She probably thinks you're already married."

The rest of the day passed pretty quickly as I found myself getting a head start on a few of the text books for the year with Harry and Ron, both of them not managing to stay focused for more than 10 minutes at a time. I wasn't much better to be fair but we had to pass the time somehow right and if it meant we could find the work easier, I was all down for it. There was one book though, 'The Monster Book of Monsters' that we couldn't open at all due to it's unruly nature and beast like lock. This meant that the morning came slower than we had hoped, uniforms packed and books ready for the year long departure and with that, we set out to the train station

A/N: This chapter was a hard one to get down on paper due to how chaotic the scene is in the movie so I ended up adding and simplifying some parts just to make it all fit alright. I aim for 1000-2000 words per chapter so this fits alright but the actual year starts next chapter when we find out how the training has payed of...as well as the first signs of a closer friendship between yourselves and Hermione. Until then, in a bizzle