Page 394

The hall was densely populated with all of the students, most of which were huddled on their sleeping  bags just talking to get rid of the nerves. Instead of that, I lay with my hands behind my head looking up to the ceiling which had since changed to mimic space with it's galaxies and stars just thinking about what had just happened. Sirius Black couldn't seriously be in the could he? Well if he could escape Azkaban, the most secure and serious prison in the world, what would stop him getting into a bloody school. More so if he was here, he would be coming for Harry specifically but could all the wizards here stop him before he got to the boy? What would we do if we came face to face with him? My books had only said that Protego can protect me from spells that are physical but he killing curse was an exception so he would get rid of me like it was child's play. No I had to stop this negative thoughts, we had the best wizards as well as Professor Kuno on the case so there should be no way he could escape the castle alive if he were here. I sat back up with my moral now being fixed, the threat of danger now in the back of my mind. A look to Harry and Ron showed me that as nervous as they might be, they were able to have a conversation with the other boys but Hermione on the other hand had been looking at the same page since she had opened the book. 

"Don't be nervous, everyone will be fine," I said plopping myself down next to her on her bed. 

"Nervous? How did you know I'm nervous?" she said looking at me as I patted down my t-shirt. 

"You haven't read one page since you opened that book and the strong-willed Hermione I know would probably have completed it already."

"Why is it that your stupid jokes make me laugh all the time?" she said regrettably giggling. "You pay a lot more attention than it looks like you do," she said bringing her knees to her chest and putting her arms around them.

"I'll take that as a compliment but what makes you say that?" I asked curious as to what she meant.

"Well when ever you're reading or doing work or even just thinking you seem so deep in thought that I find it hard you pay attention to anything else at all...that sounded like I was trying to insult you but I promise I wasn't."

"Wow...I don't know what to say," I said full well knowing where I was going to take this conversation by misleading her.

"NO I promise that wasn't meant to sound so ru-"

"I didn't know that you watched me so much," I said coming in with the punch-line. Shock overcame the innocent girl's face, her ears going a tinge of red...no scrap that crimson.

"I...I...I'm going to read my book now." Fine then plan B.

"Guess you won't mind me eating this then," I said revealing the chocolate I had snuck out her bag whilst we were talking. You know if there was one thing that ballet taught me, it was that being light with your body was everything. 

"WHEN DID YOU? Y/N GIVE THAT BACK!" Hermione pleaded trying to grab it out of my hands. 

"You remember when you didn't let me pet that Hippogriff, yeah this is payback so just let me have this chocolate bar. You've got tonnes more in there anyway!" I said somehow managing to open the wrapping with one hand.

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT!"

Time Skip No. 365.443 

The windows of the classroom snapped closed as the man responsible clicked his feet on the floor with each step until he was visible in front of us. Pulling the screen down, Snape gave a beady-eyed stare at the class before speaking in his monotone accent "turn to page three hundred and ninety four" with the extra emphasis on the "ty". You had to love the guy even if he was an avid hater of your friends.