Upgrades

The man who called like a wolf did so again, bringing back the terrifying images of the crying all over again and setting loose the adrenaline in my body as I mentally and physically prepared myself for what was to come. I burst toward the scene without having to here a "Let's go" from Harry, using the trees to my advantage and shielding my larger body behind them. As we approached I came to a gradual walking pace knowing that the twigs and leaves beneath my feet were in the right place to crunch and crack in order to really give everything away. Hermione and Harry soon joined me as I overlooked the past Harry facing the werewolf, my mind unsure of what I could do to prevent the boy from getting hurt. The girl beside me suddenly burst into a howl, her voice echoing off every surface nearby and creating a surrounding sound.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered quickly grabbing the girl and covering her mouth. "You're going to give us away!"

"I'm going to save Harry!" she replied twisting herself out of my grasp. "Awooooooo."

As the wolf slowly but surely began to turn toward us, it's shorter legs that were once arms were now on the cold mud and ready to help it accelerate toward the call of it's partner. "Oh great now we've got to run," I said turning quickly on my feet and breaking out into a much less stealthy pounce. I hopped from foot to foot gradually picking up enough momentum to jump in between the trees as if I were the Black Panther (yes another superhero giving me reference) and as we distanced from the growling, snarling beast, I dropped back to the floor with the other two, my breath heavy and lumbered. There was no way we could escape Lupin in his less-favored form so the only option was to hide and as we found a suitably large tree to use as cover, I grabbed Hermione and placed her close to me with Harry shoulder to shoulder beside me. The aggressive snarling eventually became a low murmur as the werewolf questioned it's targets whereabouts which seemed to make me think everything was alright as the peace and breeze started up again. With Hermione in tow, we slowly crept out from the cover using our arms as a means of making sure we were all connected but much to our dismay, the werewolf had outsmarted us using its reassuring silence to bait us out.

"Go..." I said calmly knowing what I had to do. "GO! I'll sort this out."

"Y/N you can't-"

I turned around with as much conviction and bravery I could muster, facing the two with a smile. "When have I ever lost a fight?"

A nod from Harry told me that he would take Hermione away regardless of what she said and taking her arm, he began to run in the opposite direction leaving me with the sight of a drooling hungry beast and the sounds of a screaming girl. I ignited my fists knowing that the shield would serve no use to such an agile creature and taking up my preferred stance, I raised my strong hand beside my head and my weaker beside my crouched leg. The werewolf swung with a ferocity that could only be described as a beast that had been tamed too long, it's hunger now serving it's first and last thoughts. The swipe scratched my face as my head moved aside, more from luck and instinct than pure skill. The cold evening air really made sure that I could feel the blood pouring out of the thin wound but I had no time to analyze the impact as the wolf swung again and again until its arm caught my chest doing no damage to my body but tearing through my clothes with frightening ease. I tried to draw it close, get low and swing as I had done with the basilisk but the werewolf was simply too fast and agile for it with none of my punches landing. If I tried to step back and throw a blast, it would simply catch up to me as I tried to draw space and my arms were useless here. Once again I was left to fend for myself with instinct as I dodged to and fro, my arms trying their best to land just a single reassuring hit on the beast. The next contact with the wolf was not one that left me in good shape as I was tossed onto my back and left with only a few seconds before the pale werewolf was already trying to rip me to shreds.

In that moment my mind flashed back to the moment where I decided my fate, the time where that man had appeared in my head and given me the choice between training and fighting with no consequences or fighting for my friends, putting them in danger and getting them out. I CHOSE to get through this with them and that meant I had to stay alive. I had to make it through this for them all. 

"'atta boy!" a voice called out as I kicked at the monster sending it tumbling over out of sight. As I stood back up, my arms had completely extinguished but my legs, on the other hand, were now alight just as my hands had been that first time I saved Ron and Harry. Something had changed when I thought about what I had to do, something clicked in me that meant I could utilize more of my powers. Perhaps it was the man out there hearing my call for help.

As the wolf got back up, courage and confidence flooded into my system, my mind now knowing exactly how I would get me out of this. Imagining all the mass of powers on my feet, I used the heat to act as a mini-explosion sending me closer to the monster with a speed I had never felt and as I bounced off the trees as I had done earlier, Juni's lessons came to me and I raised my leg above my head before bringing it down with a catastrophic force upon Lupin's body.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter and bad upload schedule, I've been very busy and really struggled with this update but I'm going to try my best to keep going and getting chapters out. The next few will move straight back on with the movie and I'll have something to say at the end so keep your eyes open. Until then, I'll see you in a bizzle