Mr.Black

"Scabbers come back!" Ron called as he sprinted after his pet rat taking no exception to hear what we had to suggest or say. His manic sprint led alongside the mountain range and toward this tree which seemed curled up in its form of hibernation. 

"Guys, you do realize what tree this is," Hermione stated looking at the leafless beast. "Oh no that's not good. RON RUN!"

Ron had other ideas though as his shook state pointed toward us with immense fear. "Look out! Behind you, it's the grim!" he called as the dark grey wolf lept over us with ease, dashing toward the helpless boy and taking him up by the leg.

"Ron!" I called as I chased on its tracks, arms pumping and driving me forward. However, my attempt came to nothing but another loss in the day with the kidnapper and kidnappee being dragged through the root system of the tree and away from us. Helping to my feet, my senses began to tingle as if I was Spider-Man and I drew my hand up out of instinct to ignite my shield. Two thuds behind me told me the first signs of the trees immense danger as both Harry and Hermione got blown back ten meters. "GUYS?! I'm going to try my best to give you an opening to get in! Hermione, remember what I said about dodging! Don't look at the front of the attack, look at the back and see where it's moving!"

Another branch flew down from above slamming into my shield and showering the moist soil in sparks of brilliant orange and yellow. The tree's force of impact was beyond anything I had ever felt before and each blow it struck felt like it was grabbing chunks of my body strength and tossing it aside as if it were child's play. Harry was thrown aside by a stray and both myself and Hermione were left to fend for ourselves as the forty-fifth thousandth branch across and swept both of us away leaving me winded and crawling on the floor in pain. I clutched at my stomach as I staggered back onto my feet as if I had just gone five rounds in a boxing ring and planned the route I was going to take in my head to grab Hermione down from the merry-go-round. Igniting my shield again, I charged forward hurling a blast toward the neck of the branch but the impact did nothing to the thick wood as I blocked yet another relentless strike. My mind ticked over as I acknowledged that a punch would do nothing if an explosion didn't work and then my comic book fanboy-nature saved me. Clutching the invisible reigns of my shield, I swung my arm precisely toward the flying bark and thanks to my Captain America like antic, the concentrated heat of my shield's edges burnt its way through the outer and inner layer of the branch causing it to fall loosely to the ground. It really was as Professor Kuno had said, it was a game of chess and I had to play it one move at a time. I repeated the same combo, block, run, slash until I found myself halfway toward the tree's underground entrance.

"Harry, NOW!" I yelled as I repeated the action once again in order to clear the path just that bit more for the boy. I followed closely behind him with my eyes fixated on the girl above as she was swung left and right as if she were a bug on a child's arm. "HERMIONE, reach out!" I ordered as I checked ahead to make sure my timing was perfect to the second. As her positioning placed her over me, I jumped and grabbed her arm pulling her down with me into the cavern below.

Our heads met as my back crunched from the force above it giving me the full-on mobile phone ring in the brain. In the panic of the moment, I held onto the body I had acquired as Harry slowly got to his feet next to me. Relieving a deep breath, I blew out all the steam I had built up in my battle charge and felt my adrenaline levels fall. 

"Owww," Hermione moaned as she lay on top of me, arms wrapped tightly around my body. "I'm sorry," she moaned as she lifted her head up and looked at who she was holding onto. Her eyes widened in shock and she quickly pushed herself up off of me and onto her feet. "I...I'm really really sorry," she repeated as she outstretched an arm and helped me gain balance. 

"Light as a feather," I let out in a low tone feeling the imprint of her forehead on mine. "What is this place? And where does it lead to?"

"I have a funny idea," Harry said as he looked ahead at the glistening grey walls. "I just hope I'm wrong."