In-Depth: Singing

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Singing. One of the main parts of becoming a K-pop Idol. Or not, really depends on how you want to debut. But singing is one of those things that I would recommend to get a vocal coach or vocal lessons. It's hard to do it on your own. But some of you may not have money and so, in the end, you take the option of learning at home. But first, before this In-depth of course, you need to learn some vocab.

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

                   Vocabulary

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

Phrasing

Phrasing is very important in singing. Its give life and emotion to the song instead of sounding Montone and robotic-like. Some of you may have heard of this term when playing an instrument. How my music teacher explains it, is that when your playing and rest is coming up you get quieter and quieter till nothing but you don't just abruptly cut off. But this depends on the genre of the music

Registers

Often people will say "Head" or "chest" registers.  Their different types of sounds produced by that corresponding part to create vibrations.

Falsetto

This term is often used for when a male sings in an extremely higher note in their head voice. But there are many males that have a large singing range.

A Cappella

a singer or a group of singers performing a song without instruments.

Soprano

The highest singing range for a female

Mezzo-Soprano

A singing  female voice between Soprano and contralto

Contralto

the lowest singing voice for a female

Tenor

A male singing voice between baritone and alto or countertenor. The highest voice for a male.

Baritone

a male singing voice between tenor and bass

Bass

the lowest male (Adult) voice

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

                           Tips

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

☽ When singing I would recommend learning how to breathe from your stomach. You may think "Why is it so important on how I breathe?" Well, my music teacher had told me a story about his mother, who was also a music teacher, that when her kids would do musicals they would faint on stage cause they didn't breathe from their stomachs. Breathing from your stomach gives you more air which means you can sing longer.

☽Breathing from your stomach isn't that hard. Your body does it on its own when it's sleeping(Or when you're not focusing on breathing). Some of you may notice that when you purposely breathe in you suck your stomach in. That's wrong you should expand your stomach when you breathe in so you have more room for air. To practice this laydown and place an object on your stomach. Every time you breathe in, try to raise the object.

☽ Do vocal exercises. This way you can strengthen your voice to reach higher notes.

☽Warm-up your body. This makes your body energetic and ready to sing

☽ While warming up try to do exercises around your chest and stomach to open up your chest and strengthen your diaphragm

☽Do some yoga and stretching to release any tension. Tension is your worst enemy in singing

☽ Open your mouth more. Most vocal coaches recommend two-finger width between your teeth is a good position

☽ Drink water! and don't smoke. Smoking would literally destroy your voice. If your voice is hurting try drinking tea! 

☽ And don't forget to take breaks. But don't take too long breaks or you might lose motivation.

☽ This video by Grazy Grace makes great tips. She's also an artist who got some of  these tips from her own vocal coach

☽ A video by Roomie also makes great tips in his video +humor. Roomie has been making music and singing music for a long time so he has experience.

☽ If you can't find your singing voice here's a video on tips to help you find it.

Here were some tips on singing. Sorry if some of them suck because singing isn't my forte so I try my best to research it. I would recommend getting singing lessons and if you can't remember the internet is your best friend.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───