The aching encounter

"A cup of Black coffee." My ex stood in front of the cashier, ordering the only type of coffee he drinks. I glared at him, lowering my head and voice. "What the hell do you think you're doing here?"

"I'm ordering coffee." Sasuke looked up at me indifferently, handing me his credit card that was slotted between his index and middle finger. His calm response only irritated me further as I snatched the credit card from him. Forcing a smile through my teeth, I muttered. "And what are you really doing here?"

I brewed his coffee the way I knew he liked it, and passed it to him. Sasuke toasted with the coffee in his hand, "Wasting my time." He uttered before taking a sip of his warm coffee.

Before I could lecture him, he walked off, taking a seat in the corner of the cafe. Is he actually mocking me after I told him that he'll only be wasting his time on me?

Does this guy have no shame?
Ugh, I would know.. I dated him for a year.

I shook my head, persistent to not allow his presence to distract me from my work. I consciously refused to look in the certain direction of the store that he was seated at. Thank the Heavens it was a weekend and I was kept busy by all the customers' orders. Yet, I had his presence lingering in the back of my mind.

"Can I get a strawberry frappe please?" Her perky voice gained my attention, pulling my eyes away from filtering the coffee. It was my gorgeous pink haired best friend. I dashed up to the order station, I was so glad to see her hoping she could release some of my tension and anxiety.

"What are you doing here on a weekend?" I asked as I entered her order into the register. She shrugged as she handed me cash, "I decided to stop by and see how you were doing. You seemed pretty shaken up just now."

I couldn't help but smile as I heard what she said. My best friend usually dislikes stopping by the cafe in the weekends because it was her daily morning work routine. Despite being a workaholic, she likes to be adventurous and try not to allow her life to be mundane. She takes the weekends to try out other cafes and drinks.

So when I heard she stopped by because of me..

"Isn't that your ex?" Sakura turned back to me after taking her frappe. My smile immediately dropped as she mentioned him.

"Look! He's looking over." She nudged me across the counter. I rolled my eyes to him, catching him staring right into my eyes.

Those cold intense eyes..
I never could really read them.

I suddenly recalled a joke that my pink haired friend made about Sasuke and rushed out of the counter to grab Sakura by her hand, dragging her over to Sasuke's table.

My ex seemed intrigued to know why I was walking over to him as he arched one of his eyebrows. Sipping his coffee, his coal eyes never strayed away from mine.

"What are you-"
"This is my room mate, Sakura Haruno!" I interrupted her, introducing her to now a mildly irritated Sasuke when he noticed what was happening. I stuck her hand out for him to shake. He continued glaring at me, ignoring her hand.

"What are you doing?" He clicked his tongue.
"Introducing you to someone new." I shrugged.
"Why?"
"Why not?"

Sakura awkwardly fidgeted between us, sipping her frappe.

Before I could bring this match making session further, I was interrupted by the sounds of my welcoming bells ringing from a push of the door. I looked over my shoulder to check if one of my team members were at counter to take the customers' order. My eyes landed on my colleague who was greeting them, before a sight of someone caught my attention.