Chapter Eight

Everything after that is a blur. We went on a honey moon to the beach and had a great time. We bought the house two streets from where we grew up.

I sigh. My favorite memory with Mitch after our wedding were Saturday nights. I bring the box closer and look inside. I was right. His favorite movie is in here.

__________________________________________________

"Are you done with your paperwork stuff?" Mitch whined. I stood up from the desk and turned off my computer.

"Yes. I am done with my paperworkstuff." I said with a grin.

"I made popcorn."

"I can smell it. Extra butter?" I asked with a grin.

"Of course!"

We walked back to the living room. Without hesitation he crawled up to the TV and put the movie in. I already knew what it is.

It was the children's movie Up.

We watched the beginning, with the young boy in the !movie theater, then going to the abandon house and meeting the girl. It showed the montage of those two falling in love.

"Why do you love this movie so much?" I asked. He smiled.

"They remind me of us."

"You're sweet."

"I know I am." He said with a smirk. He picked up a piece of popcorn and threw at me. I pretended to be shocked.

"How dare you!" I threw some back at him. Within a few minutes, we had popcorn all over the couch.

"Look at this mess you've made!" I blamed.

"This mess we'vemade." He corrected.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

__________________________________________________________
More tears fall from my face. That old couple was supposed to be us. Tilldeathdueuspart. But the death was too soon.

The baby downstairs has not stopped crying, but neither have I. The front door opens and closes. I ignore it and put my face in my hands. The man downstairs calls my name, but I don't answer.