Chapter Twelve- An Afternoon in Diagon Alley

The sun's rays entered through the crack in the red curtains of Lily's room. The beam of light gently kissed her face, causing her to stir in bed and open her eyes. She turned to look at the alarm clock sitting on her night stand which read ten a.m. 'Looks like it's time to start the day' she thought as she crawled out of bed. She made her way down to the kitchen for breakfast when she saw Harry sitting at the kitchen table reading the morning's edition of 'The Daily Prophet'.

       "Good morning, Lily. Sleep well last night?" Harry asked as he took a bite of Cocoa Puffs.

         "Good morning, Harry. Yes, I slept very well last night, thanks for asking." Lily told him as she sat next to her father.

       "I spoke to your Mum last night." He told her which caused Lily's head to snap up quickly in his direction.

      "How is she?" Lily asked eagerly. She was quite surprised he had called her mom so late last night but after nineteen years without speaking to one another, she knew he was bound to call her eventually.

  "She's doing fine, she's just been worried about you. We had a small row last night."

   "What was your row about?"

    "Why she never told me about you.", Harry replied as he finished his bowl of cereal.

    "Did she explain why she left?"

     Harry let out a small sigh as he shook his head no as he spoke, "No but I need to have faith that she will tell me when she's ready. Your mother was never one who kept secrets from me, so I need to give her the benefit of the doubt that she will explain everything to me in due time. I assume that whatever the reason was, she did it out of love. She did tell me that she loves and misses you very much." Harry told her as he looked at her.

    "I love her and miss her too." Lily told him as she looked down into her bowl of cereal.

    Harry, knowing how she felt, took his hand and put it on hers and said " I know you do. I also told your mum that if it was alright with you that I would keep you for the rest of the summer." Harry told her. He hoped she wouldn't want to go home just yet, but he would understand if she wanted to go home and see her mum again.

   " I would love to stay with you for the rest of the Summer!" Lily exclaimed and then gave Harry a big hug which made him laugh.

   "Good. I am glad that you would like to stay. That way we can continue to get to know each other more and have some fun while you are here." Harry said with a smile as they broke the hug.

   "Can I ask you something Harry?"

   "Sure, what's your question?" Harry asked as he folded his arms across his chest.

  "Do you miss my mom?" Lily asked as she looked him straight in the eyes. As he opened his mouth to answer, Ginny walked into the kitchen and placed a kiss upon his lips.

   'Perfect timing.' Lily thought to herself as she put her empty bowl into the sink and started to wash it.

   " Good morning Harry, Lily." Ginny told them both got out her wand and levitated the milk, cereal, spoon, and bowl towards her as she sat at the table.

   "Good morning Gin. I actually need to talk to you and Lily while you're both standing here." Harry said as Ginny poured herself some breakfast and Lily walked up beside the table.

    "I thought since Lily will be joining us for the rest of the summer, that she could be a part of the wedding."

        Inside her head, Ginny was fuming. She was already pissed about the late-night conversation between him and Hermione. Also, the fact that he hadn't even bothered to ask her if it was alright if Lily stayed with them. And now she's going to be in the wedding without her permission? Ginny bit her tongue and put on a smile and said, "I don't see that being a problem. I can go to Madame Millicent's within the next couple of days and talk to her about adding another gown."