Chapter Thirteen-Reminiscing

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter :)

       "Where have you been, Lily?" Harry asked furiously as he folded his arms across his chest.

        "I told you before we left that I was leaving and that I'd be back later." Lily answered him as she took off her shoes and put them near the door.

           "And I thought that later meant around 5:00 p.m. not ten in the evening. Why didn't you owl me and tell me how long you going to be out?" Harry asked her still feeling a little concerned.

      "Look, I am sorry. Seth and I had been doing so much walking around and talking that we completely lost track of time." Lily said feeling bad that she concerned him so much.

      "I'm sorry for jumping down your throat. I have to realize that you're eighteen, not thirteen. I promised your mother that I would take care of you, along with keeping you safe. I'm still getting used to being a dad." Harry told her as he walked up to her and gave her a hug.

     "It's fine, honestly. I should have let you know we'd be out so late. Next time, I promise to let you know." Lily said to him as they continued to hug each other.

      "Now no more of this "I'm sorry" business. Why don't you go upstairs and take a shower and then I will be up there okay?" Harry asked her as they broke apart from their hug.

         "Okay. Just give me twenty minutes." Lily said to him as she started to head up the stairs. Twenty minutes later Lily was on her bed reading Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them when she heard him knock on her door.

       "Lily it's me, Harry." Harry told her through her bedroom door.

        "Come on in." She called out, not looking up from her book.

        "What are you reading?" Harry asked as he sat down on her bed.

         "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." Lily replied as she put the book on her nightstand.

        "You are definitely your mother's child." Harry told her with a chuckle.

       "Yeah, I know.", Lily said with a proud smile. "Harry, do you think you could tell me about the time you and Mom got together?"

       Harry fixed his gaze upon Lily at her request. Many years had the scenario of the time when he and Hermione had gotten together played over and over in his mind. That moment in time was his most treasured of all the ones he had with Hermione. But as he looked at his daughter, who was the spitting image of her mother, a soft smile rested on his face as he looked into her deep green eyes. Her eyes were filled with questions that yearned for answers, answers he knew he could provide. He nodded his head yes as he inhaled deeply as he shut his eyes as he recalled the memory.

                                                             ****Flashback*****

        The night was dark and quiet, and the stars were dancing high in the dark, blue sky. The twinkling of the stars was the only light visible in the garden of the Burrow where a single silhouette was sitting underneath the large shade tree that sat by the cobble stone wall surrounding the garden. Harry Potter plucked another rock off the ground as he placed his hand behind his back before throwing the rock and watched it skid across the waters of the small pond where lily pads grew. He decided to come out in the garden to get away from all the worries taken place in the house. 

          He overheard Mr. and Mrs. Weasley talking about their neighbors, the Fawcett's, packing up their belongings and going into hiding since many wizarding families had been killed during the last week as they refused to join Voldemort and his Death Eaters.