Chapter Fifteen-Amelia's Father

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, only some of the characters I created :)

             The next couple of days had happened in a blur. When they had gotten home from visiting Ginny's parents, Hermione had called Lily letting her know that she had booked her flight and that she would be arriving this coming up  the Saturday before the wedding which caused a great deal of excitement for Lily. Amelia hadn't spoken a word of the conversation between her Nana and mother. She couldn't help but wonder why her mother had lied to her all these years? Who was her father? What color are her eyes supposed to be? But Amelia didn't have the courage to ask her. Instead she began to hang out with Lily while Seth was working at the Leaky Cauldron. The two girls had grown incredibly close with one another, they were becoming friends.

         Ginny, Amelia, and Lily (much to Ginny's displeasure) were standing inside Madame Millicent's dress shop where Lily was having her first fitting of the dress Ginny chose. The dress was blush pink and made of lace with a sweetheart neckline. There were small, sparkly rhinestones that made the dress shine when sunlight hit it.

       "The dress fits you wonderfully, Lily!" Amelia complimented as she clapped her hands together. Ginny, however, rolled her eyes at her daughter's statement.

       "Thank you." Lily blushed. She might not like Ginny, but she had to admit the woman had a taste for fashion. After Ginny paid for the dress and handed it to Lily to carry, they walked out of the dress shop when Amelia asked her if it would be okay for them to get some ice cream.

       "Sure, darling." Ginny replied and as she went to follow her daughter and Lily, a voice spoke behind her.

      "Hello, Red." Ginny froze like a deer in headlights. 'No, it can't be.' She thought as she turned around to confront her fears.

      "Draco, what are you doing here?" Ginny asked as between her clenched teeth.

         "Well this is Diagon Alley isn't it? Where many Witches and Wizards spend their day, let alone their money?" He replied with a cocky grin.

         "You need to leave. Now."

          "And why should I do that?"

          "Because you have no business here!" Ginny exclaimed as she placed her hands on her hips.

            "I'm afraid we both know that's not the truth, Red." Draco whispered in her ear.

           "You lost all right to your daughter the moment you walked away from me when I told you I was pregnant." She told him as she crossed her arms over her chest.

        "Which is exactly why I came back. I made a mistake Ginny, I want to meet my daughter."

       "Are you insane? What makes you think for one moment I'm going to let you near her?"

       "I don't know, maybe because it's the right thing to do? She deserves to know her father."

       "She has one. Harry has been more than a father to her than you have in the last seventeen years of her life."

     "Potter is not her father! Come on, Red. Let me prove to you that I have changed." Draco plead as he looked her right in her eyes. She looked into the dark, grey eyes that had once hypnotized her.

     "I'm not ready for her to know you, Draco. I've done nothing but lie to her about who you are."

     "How about we meet for drinks tonight in the Hog's Head? Hardly anyone goes in there anymore."

     "I'm not sure that's such a good idea. Harry would be pissed if he found out you and I were seen together."

    "Does it bloody look like I give a damn what Potter thinks? I want to prove to you that I'm worthy of meeting Amelia. Please Gin, just give me a chance. Hell, wear a disguise if you have to."

    Ginny thought long and hard for a couple of minutes before she let out a sigh and nodded.            "Fine, I'll meet you."

     "Great! Let's meet tonight around seven. Don't be late." Draco told her and then walked away as he met up with a young teenager who looked just like him, coming out of Broomstix.

    "Mum, who was that?" Amelia asked her mother, causing Ginny to jump nervously.

      "No one sweetheart. Just someone I used to know long ago. Now why don't we head back home?" Ginny said as she got in front of the two girls and began to walk to an apparition point. Both Lily and Amelia had one thought cross their mind as they followed behind Ginny. Who was that man?

      Shortly after she, Amelia and Lily returned from the dress fitting, Harry announced that Ron and Luna had invited all of them over for dinner again. Lily agreed to go, but Amelia informed him that she had already made plans with Roxanne about spending the night at Uncle George's. Ginny, however, told Harry that Lavender Brown had invited her to a girl's night out with her and her cousin. 

     He, Lily and Amelia all had left about half an hour ago, leaving her home alone to finish getting ready for her meeting with Draco. She picked up her wand and tapped her hair as she muttered Colovaria, causing her hair to change from straight, dark red hair to wavy, light brown. Then, she pointed her wand at her eyes and watched as her eyes changed from dark brown to a light blue. Pleased with her disguise she stood up from her vanity and disapparated to the Hog's Head in Hogsmeade.

         Once she arrived outside the pub, she opened the door and noticed that it was in fact empty. 'Well I can't imagine why anyone would still want to come to this dump anyway', Ginny thought as she surveyed the inn. It was filthy. The floor was covered with so much dust that your foot prints would trail behind, and the windows were cloudy. Ginny walked to the back of the bar when she saw the familiar blonde she had been in love with long ago. She took a seat next to him and ordered a firewhisky from the barman.

     "I'm surprised you actually came." Draco said as he sipped his firewhisky.

       "I told you I would. Now what was so bloody important that you had me come down here?" Ginny snapped at him as she took a drink of her own.

     "Gee it's great to see you as well. I told you I wanted to prove to you that I'm ready to meet my daughter. "

    "And what makes you think you're ready to meet Amelia?"

     "Because I know what it's like to take care of your child on your own." Draco said silently as he finished the last of his firewhisky and then ordered a butterbeer from the barman.

     "What?" Ginny asked as her eyes widened.

    "I have a fifteen-year-old son named Scorpius. I've been raising him on my own after his mother died from complications at childbirth."

     "Oh my, Draco I'm so sorry."

     "Thanks. It was hard at first, but I had my mom to help me for a little while before she passed away ten years ago."

     "So why after all this time did you decide to come back? Last I heard you were living in Belgium."

     "I realized what a coward I had been. I decided to move back to London with Scorpius and then I read about your engagement in 'The Daily Prophet' and I saw Amelia in the photograph. I knew I messed up pretty bad when I broke things off with you, but I figured it was time for me to man up to my mistakes." Draco said as he shrugged his shoulders.

       He and Ginny began to talk about the past, what led him to meet Astoria sixteen years prior, and reminisced about the times Ginny used to disguise herself when she snuck out to meet him, just like she had done tonight. They drank far too much firewhisky in the two hours they had sat at the bar which led to Draco leading Ginny upstairs to an empty room, unknowingly to them that their actions would lead to more trouble for Ginevra Weasley.

    It was a little after midnight when Ginny untangled herself from Draco's arms and began to dress herself as she silently whispered, 'What have I done?'