Chapter 24

Alexander's POV:

Damn those people are dumb.

They just gave me an idea of what I'm supposed to do with the listening device.

I somehow, unhooked all the cables from it and folded them up and put zip ties on them so that they stay in place.

Then packed it all up in a plastic bag and called Mike.

"Is Lexi okay?" Was the first thing he asked after picking up.

"She's fine. She's coming back today and I've packed the whole listening device. Can you come and pick it up?" I asked him.

"Sure thing. But I won't leave until I see Lexi with my own eyes." He said and hung up.

A quick conversation. Nice.

Not even a second later my phone ringed. I looked at it and was confused when I saw it was Mike who was calling me.

I answered it and put it to my ear. "Hello."

"Why do you want me to take it away?" He asked.

"Well, there is a chance that they can figure out where the microphone was connected to. So I unplugged the whole thing and put it in a plastic bag so you could take it away." I answered.

He hummed in response and hung up.

What in the world?

I lowered my phone and put it in my pocket when it ringed again. I pulled it out and answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Mike, seriously. Ask what you want to ask in one conversation." I said.

There was a pause on the other side before a very familiar voice whispered, "It's not Mike, Alex. It me, Lexi."

"Lexi? You're coming back tonight right?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I need you to stand outside the front gate and wait for me okay?" She said.

"Wait, you're leaving right now?"

"No. Not now. But in a couple hours. I'll text you when I'm about to leave." She said.

"Okay. But please try not to get hurt." I said.

"Fine." She said and we both hung up the phone.

She's gonna be okay.

||◻️||◻️||

A couple hours later, I was pacing the kitchen with my phone on the counter, waiting for Lexi to text me.

Mike came in a couple hours ago and he was waiting with me for her text.

After a couple hours, my phone finally buzzed. I quickly picked it up and checked to see it was a text from Lexi.

I opened it up.

Lexi:
Alex, I'm about to head out.

Me:
Okay. I'll wait for you.

After sending her the text, I went out the door with Mike and headed for the front gate. On the way, Harris was standing outside of the west wing.

"Hey Alex, Mike. Where are you guys heading?" He asked.

"Lexi's coming back in tonight. She told me to wait for her at the door." I replied.

"Really? She's coming back?"

"Yeah. She got all the information she needed and now she's coming back." Mike answered.

"What sort of information did she need?" He asked confused.