Chapter 25

Alexis' POV:

A couple hours after getting off the phone with Alex, I packed my bag and snuck out the door of the room I was in.

I carefully checked all my surroundings before taking the stairs. I crept down the stairs making sure not to make a sound as to not wake anyone up.

I reached the meeting room and went inside in search of the microphone.

I opened drawer after drawer looking for it and found it in the middle drawer. I picked it up and shoved it in my bag.

I opened another drawer to take out a gun and made sure to it was filled with tranquilizer darts and not bullets because I really don't want blood on my hands.

After taking two clips filled with the darts, I loaded one inside the gun and kept the other in my pocket.

I tucked the gun in my jeans. I also made sure to take a silencer with me.

Then I went to the front door. I stepped outside of the warehouse and almost immediately went behind a bush after I saw Julia outside, smoking.

But she had ears like a hawk. The shuffling sound alerted her. She dropped the cigarette in her mouth and stepped on it.

Looking around she asked, "Who's there?"

I stayed hidden in my position and didn't make a sound.

She asked again and I remained still.

She then went inside and shut the door behind her. Once I was sure the coast was clear I got out from behind the bush and dusted myself off.

I was almost out the gate when I heard, "I knew you were a traitor."

I halted in my steps.

I heard her chuckle behind me. "Did you really think you could do this and I wouldn't notice? I knew it was you who installed the microphone under the table." She said.

I turned around to face her and crossed my arms over my chest.

"So? What are you gonna do now? Tell everyone?" I asked.

What I didn't expect, was for her to actually do it.

"Of course I'll tell everyone. Scott! Collin! Ryder! Get over here! You have to see this!" She yelled inside.

A minute later I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

Thinking quickly, I dropped my bag on the ground and pretended to fall down. And even put dirt on my hands and face for effect.

Julia was confused by my actions and asked, "What are you doing?"

Just then Scott came out of the warehouse.

"Julia, what is it?" He asked her annoyed then looked at me on the ground with dirt on my hands and face.

"What's going on?" He asked.

Before Julia could say anything I cut in, "Julia came to my room and threw all my things in my bag then kicked me out." I said standing up and pretending to dust my hands off.

"What? No that didn't happen." Julia defended.

"Yes it did. She told me to leave and that I was a burden in here. That I shouldn't be here." I continued.

At this, Scott turned to Julia with a hard glare on his face.

"I told you, even if you have a problem with her, she stays here. Did you not get that?" He asked her.

"Scott she's lying. I didn't-" She tried to say but Scott cut her off.

"Enough!" He yelled. "You know damn well how important she is to us. Even then you decide to kick her out?"