𝟹

...I'm sick and tired of your shit Nubia, I can't keep doing this-- not again...

...You really thought you could run from some shit you had coming!...Did you really think I was gonna forget?! Bitch...

... I cannot believe this right now, you need to leave!...

...You knew didn't you?...

...I can't even believe this right now, you literally ruined my life...How could you be so selfish?!...

...FUCK YOU!...

...I hope you know, I will kill you...

⦽⦽⦽⦽⦽

The next day, I wasn't feeling light headed at all when I woke up, but my sleep wasn't peaceful whatsoever. I woke up at one point in the middle of the night and went to the bathroom to wet my face. I heard phrases spoken into the night, phrases I didn't know the origins. Over and over again they'd be repeated, echoing through my head. I had looked at myself in the mirror and felt like it was someone else looking back. Whatever was going on was clearly the beginning and I couldn't for the life of me start putting anything together. I was scared to go back to sleep and for the voices to come back, but I needed to rest up. And as I suspected, they did-- Over and over and over. In the morning, Emaja had finally said something to me after almost two days of not saying anything and I was relieved. It was getting real awkward only hearing the TV doing the most talking between us both.

"You know I love you right?" she said as I walked towards the front door and put on my shoes to leave for school. I smiled to myself and looked back at her watching TV on the couch. "I'm just looking out for you." she added not turning to face me.

"I know." I said as I walked up behind her and gave her a hug. "I love you back."

"Be safe." she added as I let her go and made my way towards the door again. I held on to the door knob for what felt like forever before opening it. Be safe huh?  I thought to myself as I left the apartment and locked the door. I really will try to...

⦽⦽⦽⦽⦽

The day went by quickly and before I knew it, the bell rang and school ended. I waited for Shakoor at the front of the school by the steps. I fiddled with the blunt I had rolled at lunch in my hand and looked towards the library. I hadn't smoked in the last day or so and it wasn't like me. But then again the last time I did, some old ass spirit gave me a visit. But I needed a relaxer. I debated whether or not to wait to go back to the library tomorrow, but something told me not to. I knew he stayed back for a bit to talk to his english teacher, so I had some time before he came out. I got up and made my way to the library, hoping I could get some form of guidance.

As soon as I walked in, the cool air from the AC hit my skin and I felt goosebumps form instantly. I was wearing a plain cropped white tee with no bra, tight fitting grey joggers and my black and white Vans. All along my bare arms and my stomach I felt chills. I looked around to see if I could spot her and sighed a sigh of relief when I saw the big dreaded bun I was looking for. I walked up behind her with a small smile and tapped her on her shoulder. "Miss King?" I asked her as she turned around and looked at me with a bright smile.

"Hey honey, how are you? It's good to see you!" she said pulling me into a tight hug. Miss King had such a calming voice, she was the only teacher I had respect for. Although she was a librarian, in my eyes she's a good teacher. Teaching ways of life, simply being a good listener, Miss King was literally a mother figure for anyone willing. She was a curvy female with a big bumper, about 5 '10, dark skin with black dreads always up in a bun, and her big reading glasses.