𝟼

Thanks to Shakoor's driving, we reached the hospital in no time at all. The drive itself was very quiet and I was lost in my head. One thing that bothered me and I couldn't voice, was that I didn't have the money to pay for a medical bill. This was a whole mess. I didn't even wait for him to fully park the car before I undid my seatbelt, opened the door and ran towards the hospital doors. Once I reached inside, the cold air hit my skin and it sent shivers all throughout my body. I looked around for the front desk and once I spotted it, I brushed anyone in my way as I made my way towards it.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Emaja Abara. I believe she was admitted maybe less than thirty minutes ago." I said to the caucasian lady at the front desk. She was on the heavier side of the scale. She looked like she was having a horrible day and was ready to pop off on any person that tried her. She lazily glanced up from her computer screen and gave me a rude look. I prayed she said something rude so I could page her ass, I had a lot of steam I needed to release.

"I can't release any information about our patients unless you are directly related to said patient." she said as she rolled her eyes and looked back at her computer screen. She tried it.

"Do I look like Bobo the damn clown!? I'm pretty sure I know that shit if I'm asking you for her information. Listen I don't know who the fuck pissed in your damn cereal this morning, but I am not the one to be-" I started saying but stopped as I heard someone calling out my name and I turned around.

"Nubia!" Reanne exclaimed as she ran towards me from down one of the halls. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me in for a tight hug. Shakoor and Miss King finally caught up to me and stood behind me as they watched Reanne.

"Reanne, what's going on? Where is Emaja? This fat bitch wouldn't tell me." I said as my head started to spin. The caucasian woman gasped and I rolled my eyes.

"She's in one of the rooms this way. The doctors are saying something about how she needs a fucking blood transfusion! I told them to wait until you got here before they made any decisions." she said as we started to make our way towards the hospital room. I looked back towards Miss King with wide eyes and she inhaled sharply. My heart started pounding to the point where I thought I could hear it. My mind raced as I realized that Emaja was in a life or death situation and it was completely out of the blue. I'm coming EZ... I thought to myself as we finally reached the spacious room Emaja was in.

I felt a lump in my throat when I saw her body hooked up to the machines, not moving an inch. There was a nurse by the machines keeping a close eye on her vital signs. She was a tall young asian female, her hair was up in a cute ninja bun, and since her back was to the door I could tell that her petite body was set proper. I walked towards the bed and left the others at the door as Miss King and Shakoor introduced themselves quickly to Reanne. I looked at Emaja's body from the top down not knowing what exactly to say. I grabbed her hand and lightly squeezed it. I looked towards the nurse as she wrote something down on her clipboard, not noticing that she wasn't the only other person in the room anymore.

"Are you in charge of watching my sister?" I asked startling her. She almost dropped the clipboard out of her hands but quickly composed herself. "My bad." I added and she gave me a small smile. She was very pretty. Her makeup was done nicely, her nose was pierced, and she had dimples on both sides.

"Yes I am, my name is Angel. Nice to meet you Nubia. We managed to stabilize her for now." she said sweetly. For a minute I was confused as to how it is she knew my name, but then I remembered that Reanne did tell them to wait for me before they started doing anything. She looked towards the door and saw the others, "I'm sorry hun, for the sake of having less traffic in the rooms, we only want direct family here." she added speaking low to me. I cleared my throat. I didn't want to feel like I was alone with Emaja, I didn't want them to get moved from close to me.