one

CHAPTER ONE:SUZIE, DO YOU COPY?

CHAPTER ONE:
SUZIE, DO YOU COPY?

the mall was crowded with people as a brunette shuffled through everyone to get to her workplace. she worked at scoops ahoy in a sailors uniform, scooping ice cream for hours on end. she only agreed because of steve.

steve and jenny had been friends for as long as she remembers. of course, they had their fall out when he became the most popular boy in hawkins, indiana but he made it up.

she knew he was hiding something from her but she ignored it, it was none of her business. she figured it was family issues. there's no way she could of guessed there was a rip in the dimensions that cause monsters to roam.

she saw the neon sign of the store and sighed, 'here we go,' she whispered to herself.

she walked in, seeing steve flirt with more girls. once the girls walked away, steve groaned, "hey jenny.."

robin slid the window doors open from the back, "and another one bites the dust," jenny laughed at her joke, walking into the back room to stand next to robin.

"you are oh-for-six, popeye." robin pointing at the board she was holding.

"yeah, yeah, I can count." steve crossed his arms, obviously annoyed.

"you know that means you suck."

"you don't even rule one bit." jenny added in, chuckling. she loved to tease steve with robin, considering he used to be the king of the school.

"yep, i can read, too."

"since when?" robin replied, causing jenny to stifle a laugh.

steve came closer to us, "it's this stupid hat. i am telling you, it is totally blowing my best feature."

jenny rolled her eyes, "well, its company policy."

"a real drag." robin added in on her comment.

before jenny could say anything else, robin started talking again, "you know, its a crazy idea, but have you considered telling the truth?"

"oh, you mean that i couldnt even get into tech and my douchebag dad's trying to teach me a lesson, i make three bucks an hour, and i have no future? that truth?" steve rambled.

"steve..." jenny frowned at him sympathetically.

robin's shoulders jumped up and she eyed the girls walking into the store. jenny scanned robin's features, she was pretty, prettier than jenny thought she could ever be.

"hey, twelve o'clock." robin tilted her head towards him, indicating that something was behind him.

"oh, shit. oh, shit," steve mumbled. "okay, uh i'm going in. okay? and you know what?" steve pulled the cloth hat off his head and threw it on the floor, "screw company policy."

"oh my god, you're a whole new man."  robin said sarcastically.

although jenny knew this was a joke, it made her skin crawl and cause her to stand up straighter. she didn't like robin being close to steve. jenny figured she liked steve. jenny figured that's why she felt her stomach flip when she saw robin and steve, because jenny must like her bestfriend, steve. maybe she was jealous of robin. besides, everyone always said she likes steve, and maybe it was true. to jenny, there was no other reason why robin being close to him could make her stomach sick and her head fill with worry.

"right? ooh." steve did a shoulder shimmy and chuckled before spinning around to face the girls.

"can't wait till he gets fired." jenny joked. robin laughed at her joke, nudging jenny slightly.

"ahoy ladies! didn't see you there." steve basically shouted suddenly.

the girls gasped as jenny stared at him in shock, "dear god," she muttered.

"would you guys like to set sail on this ocean of flavor with me? i'm steve harrington."

the girls laughed at him, and jenny winced, already feeling bad for him. robin looked over to her and frowned but jenny didn't take her eyes off steve.

"can i get you guys a little taste of the cherries jubilee? no? anybody? banana boat? four people, four spoons? share it in the booth? anybody? its hot out there." steve kept going on.

the girls eventually decided they didn't want anything, he scared them off. robin marked one tally under "you suck" and shook her head. steve groaned as he looked at robin and jenny.

"don't worry, steve. you'll find someone." jenny tried to reassure steve, forcing a slight smile.

"thank you, doll." steve muttered, still frowning.

jenny smiled, genuinely this time, at the nickname that steve always uses for her, since 7th grade, steve had always called her doll and it gave jenny a sense of nostalgia.

robin rolled her eyes, "get a room, dinguses." she scoffed before setting the board down.

nothin much happens in the first ep, but i hope you enjoyed this! please remember to vote! it helps alot! also, tell me if you like this so far in the comments!! thanksss!