nine

CHAPTER FIVETHE FLAYED(PART TWO)

CHAPTER FIVE
THE FLAYED
(PART TWO)

"i mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive." dustin spoke up into the silence.

"what are you talking about? it's a total fire hazard. there's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell." steve rolled his eyes and flopped his hand ups, just like he usually did when he thought something was dumb.

"they're commies. you don't pay people, they cut corners. to be fair to our russian comrades, i don't think this tunnel was designed for walking. think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo. it all comes into the mall like any old delivery. and then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser." dustin argued with steve.

"do you guys have to have the stupidest arguments all the time?" jenny complained, sulking her shoulders with her words.

"you think they built this whole mall so they could transport that green poison?" steve ignored her.

"they probably have more than some shitty poison." jenny huffed nervously, getting more worried the longer they walked down this tunnel.

"it's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something."

"what the hell is promethium?" steve scoffed.

"it's what victor stone's dad used to make cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components." dustin explained to his bestfriend.

"you're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill." erica fake gagged and started walking further ahead

"no, no, no. no, don't lump me in with them. i'm not a nerd, all right?" steve pratically pleaded.

"why so sensitive, harrington? afraid of losing cool points to a ten-year-old child?" robin smirked.

jenny was really glad that she started talking. it made her feel more comfortable.

"no, i'm just saying i don't know jack shit about prometheus." steve shrugged it off.

"promethium. prometheus is a greek mythological figure, but whatever."

"all i'm saying is, it's probably being used to make something. or power something." dustin kept on with his rant.

"like a nuclear weapon?" jenny questioned dustin.

"totally. walking towards a nuclear weapon. that's great." dustin was getting on steve's nerve more and more by the minute. steve didn't like to believe stuff.

"but if they're building something, why here? i mean, hawkins. seriously. of all places. at the very best, we're a toilet stop on your way to disneyland, but maybe that's it." steve said than grabbed dustin to the side to start whispering.

the girls kept walking, ignoring them. honestly, jenny really needed that silence.

suddenly, robin spun around, "i'm sorry, is there something you'd like to share with the class?"

___

they all hunched over the walkie talkie, listening to russian through static.

robin spoke along with the words, translating, "it's the code."

"the broadcast is close." jenny muttered.

"and if there's one thing we know about that signal it can reach the surface. let's go."

___

robin swung open the door, revealing a russian soldier. "oh jesus fuck-" jenny scoffed. this is it, she thought, we're dead.

robin stepped forward, speaking the russian code. the russian man was confused, repeating and squinting his eyes.

the man stepped forward. jenny nudged steve to do literally anything. steve started yelling and running at the soldier. he threw some punches that nearly missed before slamming a phone into his head.

steve brushed his hair out of his face, panting heavily.

"thats one way to do it." jenny shrugged, then shaking her head to herself.

"dude!" dustin exclaimed, "you won a fight!"

"thats very exciting but can we please get out of here?" jenny sunk a bit, this place wasn't exactly her heaven. i might be in heaven before i get out of here- what am i thinking? im going to hell, of course.

dustin crouched over the body and searched through his pockets. "what are you doing?" erica asked him. "im getting our ticket out of here." dustin pulled out a keycard from a pocket.

"you want to walk all the way back?"

"well, we can hang out for a little bit, relax, have a picnic maybe." dustin said, joking around with them.

"have a picnic? we came here for the radio!" erica took the satire seriously.

"this plan is way better. if i knew that steve could knock out a russian, that'd be the original plan. but i guess-"

robin grabbed jenny's wrist and cut off dustin, "guys. theres something up there."
_______

A/N: guess whos back? me lmfao. also i got a gf now pls comment lesbian rights in honor of me getting a gf