five

CHAPTER THREETHE CASE OF THE MISSING LIFEGUARD

CHAPTER THREE
THE CASE OF THE MISSING LIFEGUARD

"i'd like to try the peanut butter chocolate swirl please." the ten year old girl and her pack of friends stood at the counter.

"absolutely not." jenny kept on writing down notes for what the possibilities of the code could be.

"why not?" erica crossed her arms.

"because you're abusing company policy and i don't feel like getting fired today. robin would smash steve's head in if they worked alone." jenny sighed.

"where's the sailor man?" erica pestered.

"you mean steve. he's busy." jenny finally dropped her pencil to look at the girl.

"with what?"

"babysitting and spycraft."

___

"oh, you've gotta be kidding me." steve scoffed, looking through binoculars.

"what?" dustin asked.

"anna jacobi's talking with that meathead mark lewinsky!"

"if you're not gonna focus, just gimme the binoculars." dustin said, getting fed up with steve checking out girls.

"aw, jesus christ, whatever happened to standards? i mean, lewinsky never even came off the bench!"

"dude, you are the worst spy in history, you know that?" dustin said before trying the rip the binoculars off steve.

"hey, stop, hey!" steve pulled them off from his neck.

"give me those. i don't get why you're looking at girls. you have two perfect ones in front of you."

"seriously, if you say robin or jenny again-"

"jenny."

"no, don't. no."

"fine. robin."

"stop, no, no, no."

steve and dustin continued to argue. "we all know you had a crush on jenny so shut up, pea-brain." steve said to dustin.

"yeah, two years ago! besides, i have suzie now. go for jenny, if not jenny, robin."

___

robin went to answer the back door as jenny sat with steve and dustin.

"you're not gonna believe who dustin thought was a russian." steve laughed, teasing the curly haired boy.

jenny chuckled, "who? a mall cop?"

"no, a jazzercise teacher!" steve laughed more, "jazzercise!" he yelled for emphasis.

jenny gasped, "him? you thought he was a russian?" she laughed with steve, pushing steve's arm slightly.

"i did not!"

"you did too!" steve furrowed his eyebrows.

"did not!"

"what's robin doing?" jenny stopped laughing, noticing the girl spinning in circles in the middle of the mall standing on the planters cement siding.

steve, jenny, and dustin walked out of the store to her, "robin, what are you doing?" steve asked.

"i cracked it."

"cracked what?" steve asked.

"the code?" jenny added onto his previous question.

"i cracked the code."