13

The summer ended, Margo graduated

The summer ended, Margo graduated. Alice, rose and Margo have been planning the wedding. Bella and Margo have truly patched up things between each other, they've became close just as sisters should be. Edward and Margo Have a stronger bond then ever. She's been warming up Charlie to the idea of her and Edward together, asking about marriage and such.

Today was the day Margo and Edward we're going to tell him about them getting married. It was exactly 4 months since summer had ended.

"Hey dad, can we talk to you?" Charlie looked at them suspicious.

"Your not pregnant are you?!?"

Margo laughed Edward chuckled and she said,

"Dad no!"

Edward cleared his throat and then met Charlie's gaze.

"Chief swan I wanted to ask for your blessing, to marry your daughter Margret."

Charlie's eyes shot out of his head as if he'd seen beetle juice himself.

"My 17 year old daughter, Margo you just graduated don't you think this is a bit much. I understand your in love but..."

"Dad please he makes me so much happier, I know I'm young but I know what I'm doing you have to trust me to make this decision with my life. I'll be marrying him regardless but I just want my dad to be there to give me away, I want his blessing."

Charlie gazed into his daughters eyes with his glossy ones and closed his eyes tightly before sighing and holding out his hand towards Edward.

"Edward...Cullen I Charlie Swan give you the blessing to marry my daughter."

Tears of joy filled the room Edward toke Charlie's hand and they shook into a hug. Charlie whispered to Edward, "Take care of her son, I keep my shotgun close by."

Edward chuckled at the joke and nodded in response to Charlie's mildly serious joke. Margo jumped into her adoptive fathers arms holding him like it was the end of the world.

"You getting to big for your old man, I love you pumpkin I just want you to be happy you deserve that."

"Thank you. Thank you dad I love you too."

Breaking away from the tight embrace she wiped the happy tears from underneath her eye.

"You guys got a wedding date?"

She nodded and looked at Edward who pulled out a invitation.

"3 months?!? You've been planning for awhile then I can only assume."

"Yeah we had to be ready, could you send these out to mom, billy and the kids from school for us Dad?"

"Of course pumpkin, now go and do your wedding prep kids!"

The grins grew larger as they left the house, this was the start of a beautiful thing....♥️