20

everybody leaves the room as Charlie walks up to the house, Carlisle opens the door

everybody leaves the room as Charlie walks up to the house, Carlisle opens the door. I can hear their exchange.

"Hello, Charlie."

"Where's Margo?"

As my father enters the room he sees me seated on the couch with Edward.

"Margs?"

"Hi, dad."

Giving him a slight smile, I did miss him, he was my father. I've lost to many people in my life already and I can't lose him.

"Are you okay?"

"Never better. Healthy as a horse."

Charlie smirked but was quite serious when he said this,

"You don't turn into an animal too, do you?"

smiling i shake my head. Jake chuckles.

"She wishes she was that awesome."

Edward added "Let's give her some privacy."

after the others leave the room, Charlie sits next to me on the couch.

"Uh...Jake said that, this...this was necessary. What does that mean?"

I don't want to put him in more danger but...lying is hurting both of us. I have to come up with something.

"I really think it would be better..."

"I wanna know what happened to you!" Charlie whisper shouted

"I can't tell you."

"I think I deserve and explanation."

"You do, but if you really need one, I can't stay here." Believe me id love to stay here, stay home.

"Oh, come on! No! No more going away!"

"Dad, you're just gonna have to trust that for whatever reason, I'm alright. I'm more than alright. Can you live with that?"

"Can I live with that? Well, I don't know, Margret. I mean, I just watched a kid I've known his entire life turn into a very large dog. My daughter looks like my daughter, but doesn't."

"Can you just believe that I'll tell you anything that you need to know."

"And I don't need to know this?"

"No. Really, you don't."

"Well, I'm not gonna lose you again. I can't."

"Then you won't. I promise." I won't break that promise.

Charlie hugs Me. His blood rushing through his veins is making it harder to control myself. But I hugged back I did miss him. I love my dad.

"I missed you, Pumpkin. So much."