17

Jacob comes out of the woods towards Edward

Jacob comes out of the woods towards Edward. Reading his mind Edward says.

"They're not going to touch her."

Jake nodded

"Agreed."

~

looking at X-rays of the fetus in margo Carlisle says,

"Her rib has cracked, but they're no splinters. It hasn't punctured anything."

Edward shakes his head and bluntly said "Yet."

"Edward."

"It's breaking her bones now." Edward said still bluntly, turning to a very sick looking Margo.

"It's crushing you from the inside out. Carlisle, tell her what you told me. Tell her."

Margo had hope in her eyes still.

"Carlisle, tell me. It's alright."

"The fetus is incompatible with your body. It's too strong, it won't allow you to get the nutrition you need. It's starving you by the hour, I can't stop it and I can't slow it down. At this rate your heart will give out before you can deliver. Your inhuman strength isn't doing its job."

Margo shook her head and said
"Then I'll hold on as long as I can and—"

"Margo, there are some conditions that even venom can't overcome. You understand? I'm sorry."

Margo nods and looked to Edward with sympathy and sad eyes

"Edward, I'm sorry."

"I can't live without you."

"You won't. You're going to have a part of me. He'll need you."

Edward Scoffed "Do you honestly think that I could love it? Or even tolerate it, if it killed you?"

"It's not his fault. You have to accept what is."

"Because you've given me no choice! Marz, we're supposed to be partners, remember? But you decided this on your own, you've decided to leave me."

"Don't see it that way! Baby I know this will be hard for you but your gonna need to be there for him. Edward I love you more than anything but I just can't give this up."

"Well, I have no other way to see it. Cause it's me who'll lose you, and I don't choose that. I don't choose that."

he turns and leaves her. Letting the cold tears fall down her face she wipes them and takes off the ring on her to look at it, not her wedding ring but her promise ring. The one Edward gave her.

~

As Jake tries to keep Margo warm she smiles warmly. She didn't know why because she wasn't really happy with Jake since this whole thing started.