Chapter Five

For the next few days, Falk waited to for Matthew to tell him he had found out something. The longer Matthew said nothing, the more impatient Falk became. Attila kept telling him Matthew probably hadn't found out anything, and Falk knew he was probably right about that. However, he still waited. 

 Finally, after four days, Falk pulled Matthew away from the others and whispered, "Well?" 

 "Well, what?" Matthew asked. 

 "Did you find out if Charles likes Roel? Have you even been trying?" 

 "No, I haven't found out anything. How do you even expect me to do it? I apparently can't just ask him if he likes Roel, because you told me not to do something like that. I have no idea how to being something like that up in a conversation. So, no, Falk, I have not found out. To be honest, I think you're going a little over-the-top with this whole plan of yours. There has to be a better way to bring them together than this." 

 "All right, then." Falk crossed his arms. "What's your big idea?"

 "I don't have one, but there has to be a better idea than yours." 

 "Hey." Roel walked up to them. "What are you guys talking about?"

 "Matthew thinks I'm being ridiculous," Falk answered, glaring at Matthew. 

 "You know what?" Matthew threw his hands up. "I give up. I am going somewhere far away from you for the rest of the day." 

 Falk continued to glare at him as he walked away. Then he turned to Roel and said, "Can you believe him?" 

 Roel shrugged. "It sounds like you're driving him crazy. I'm sorry my problems have caused so much craziness this past week." 

 "Don't feel bad about it. We want to help, for real. If Matthew won't find out for you, I will. I think you and I are going to have to investigate." 

 Falk looked in the direction Matthew had walked away from them. They could see him talking with Charles and Attila now, looking slightly less tense than he was talking to Falk. 

 "It's just that...well, I don't know," Roel said, looking at Charles. "I just want him to know, even if he decides he doesn't want to go out with me." 

 Falk nodded, gazing at their bandmates. "I know. I get it." 

 Roel looked at him in alarm. "You don't have a thing for Charles too, do you?" 

 Falk turned to look at him. "Who, me? Of course not. My heart is currently elsewhere, so you have nothing to worry about. You know what? Let's go join them." He began to gently pull Roel towards the other three.

 When Charles saw Falk and Roel, he said, "There you are. What have you two been up to?" 

 "Oh, nothing much," Falk answered. "Attila, Matthew, can you both come with me? I wanted to ask you about something." 

 "Yeah, let's go," said Attila, who instantly assumed what Falk was trying to do. "Matthew?" 

 Matthew sighed. "Yeah, I'm coming." 

 That left Roel and Charles alone together. When the other three were out of earshot, Charles asked, "Is it just me, or has everyone been acting weird lately?"

 "What do you mean?" Roel asked. 

 "It's been since we first got on the road last week. Well, not you; it's the rest of them. I feel like I'm being left out of something and I have no idea what it is. I mean, Falk and Attila are one thing, but even Matthew is acting like it now." 

 Roel shrugged. "I really couldn't say. I'm sorry to hear you feel like that." 

 "It's probably nothing," Charles said with a sigh. "Why don't we go get lunch? We can catch up with them later."