WHY VISHNU LOVES PARIJAATAS, LOTUSES & FASTING??

Book Name: LAXMINARAYAN
Author Name: Ganeshavinayak123

If one worships Jagatpalak, Shrimanmaha Vishnu with true devotion, he will accept any flower. He is fond of lotuses and paarijat but mostly because of their significances.
A lotus starts as a bud underwater in muddy ponds and grows until it emerges as a beautiful blooming flower. Here the lotus bud represents humans and muddy water represents human life struggles and cycles of karm and death. Humans should be able to overcome all human feelings, like envity, hatred, anger, lust, etc and as the same way, a bud became a blooming flower, he should reach spiritual enlightenment. Blossoming lotuses represent humans reaching Nirvana and free from worldly sufferings.It also symbolizes that wherever you start in your life, whether poor or in miserable conditions, you've the ability to rise above, overcome all the difficulties and reach the best positions.
Lotus flower also indicates birth of universe. Narayan and Brahmdev, our creator were too born from a lotus. It symbolizes eternity and divine beauty.

And coming to paarijat flowers, it's the most beautiful among all. It has great medicinal properties too. It's leaves can be used to get relief from all health problems. It's used in treatment of skin diseases, constipation and stomach ailments. It's scent is used in making agarbattis. People even drink soup prepared by those leaves for robust health. Lord Vishnu made this flower his favourite flower so that people atleast use it for his worship and get benefited. Because even it's smell removes all health problems and fills one's mind with peace and bliss.

A scientific significance is present behind fasting. Vishnu tells anything for our welfare ultimately. People fear that one day fasting weaken them but actually, a day's fast gives rest to machinery of stomach, removes waste materials inside thus helps it function better. A doubt might arise in your mind why couldn't we clean our digestive system on another day. Climate and environment have a direct impact on our body. During Ekadashi day, atmospheric pressure is lowest among all days of the year. Hence it's the best time to cleanse bowel system. If we fast on any other day, the high pressure in atmosphere may cause health problems. Observing fast on this day improves proper functioning of kidney and liver too thus.

Philosophical significance of fast is,fast means upavasa, which means staying with divine ideas. It means being closer to supreme. This can be done only by dwelling our mind and sensory organs on him. Once food is taken, we feel sleepy automatically. Hence fasting helps an aspirant to attain his spiritual purpose by keeping his mind sharp and alert.

These are the scientific and philosophical reasons behind observing fast on Vaikunta Ekadashi and usage of parijata ad lotuses.

I hope all other members too share such type of information about our mythology, cultures, traditions, science behind them etc. 😊😊😊😊

Jai Sri Krishna! Jai Sri Ganesha!