SIGNIFICANCE OF DIYAS

Laxmi Devi, at Vaikunth Lok had been busy in lighting diyas and Lord Vishnu was in yognidra. Meanwhile her sahelis(friends) Raghavi, Priya and Subhangi came to see their best friend, Laxmi. They had been missing her a lot after her marriage. Jaya and Vijaya stood at the entrance and allowed them to go inside because they knew that they are best friends of their mother, Devi Laxmi and she had ordered them to allow her friends whenever they come.

Laxmi then was taking cotton and rolling it into a wick then. She then immersed the wick into ghee and put in a little earthen clay bowl and lighted diya.

"Sakhi Laxmi", they surprised seeing her lighting diyas.
Laxmi rejoiced with the arrival of her friends,
"Raghavi, Priya and Subhangi, your arrival made my day", happy tears came from her eyes,
"I missed you all so much".

Even though she is Jaganmata and the supreme goddess of the fourteen worlds, Devi Laxmi always becomes a child near her friends and treats them very friendly and they, four friends, always call each other as sakhi. Laxmi hugged them in joy.

Raghavi expressed her astonishment,
"Sakhi! You yourself is the giver of light to everyone then why are you lighting these diyas ??"

Laxmi smiles,
"Even though I'm Jaganmata and consort of Jagatpita Vishnu, this diya has its own significance. And diyas are lighted not only for light. It is useful to everyone in all ways, scientifically, spiritually as well as philosophically"

Priya excited,
"Sakhi, what is it's significance?? Can you explain us??"

"Definitely", Devi Laxmi started elucidating them the importance of lighting diyas,
"Diyas are generally lightened in morning and after sunset. It is also lightened in all auspicious occasions, festivals and prayers because it represents goodness and purity spiritually. Presence of light means inexistence of darkness and evil forces. Diya kills all evil spirits, and forces that harm people so people lit them in all corners of their homes thus making all bad forces leave the home.

Devi RajaRajeshwari, combined form of me, Devi Parvati and Devi Saraswati reside in Diya's light. So by lighting a diya, humans can get the blessings of all Devis and humans are blessed with fortune and auspiciousness.

Philosophically, Diya has a greater meaning. Oil in the diya represent our bad thoughts, our bad qualities such as greed, lust, anger and our negatives like fear whereas cotton represents Atma/ soul. After lighting Diya, oil burns and gives glow. It tells us that we have to get rid of our selfish thoughts, materialistic feelings and inculcate good thoughts. Light represent enlightenment and knowledge. After abolishing ignorance, we have to open doors for knowledge. Bright Diya also represent ultimate soul (paramatma). We should try to reach him.

And did you see sacrifice of cotton?? Cotton burns, bears pain and becomes black for giving us light. In the same way, we should leave selfishness and as a selfless bring, should render services to other organisms. Such selfless humans only can enjoy real content and happiness.

Asathoma Sadgamaya
Tamasoma jyothirgamaya
Mrithyuh ma amrithamgamaya..

It means...
Oh Lord! Please lead me
From untruth to truth
From darkness to light
From death to immortality
And fill everyone's life with peace..

Lightning a lamp awakens our inner soul.

Scientifically, it increases health of human beings. If you carefully observe, a shield forms around the bright diya. It purifies surroundings. Diyas are suggested to use mostly in winter because at this time, germs, bacteria and virus become stronger. Diyas brightness kill them and make the surroundings pure. Another wonderful scientific fact is that it can change mood of person. It's shine fills humans mind with peace and joy. And you all know the power of heat already. It can cure diseases also. Diyas are most powerful in the universe and light of the diyas can create wonders."

"Amazing", Subhangi exclaimed,
"Shall we too join in lighting diyas with you, Sakhi??"

Devi Laxmi giggled, "Ha Sakhi! Surely"

Priya takes cotton. She suddenly doubts, "Which oil should we use sakhi??"

Laxmi answered smiling,
"You can use ghee/ coconut oil/ groundnut oil/ sesame oil preferably ghee. Because ghee is pure and healthy"

Raghavi doubted then, "Is there any other significance for ghee also??"

Laxmi grinned,
"Cow ghee is the purest. It's preferred in all pujas as it's a product of cow. You know that all gods and goddess reside in cow. Lighting Diya with cows ghee removes poverty and attracts positive vibes in surroundings. It gives wealth and health to humans. People use Pancha deepam oil also mostly. It's a blend of cow ghee, neem oil, mahua oil, coconut oil and castor oil in perfect proportion. It nullifies evil in surroundings."

Subhangi started the prayer in which all the four friends accompanied,

Subham Karoti Kalyanam Arogyam Dhana Sampadah
Shatru Buddhi Vinashaya Deepa Jyoti Namostute

(I bow before the light that brings prosperity, good health, abundance of wealth and destroys the enemy's intellect. It means light (God's Grace) destroys darkness (enemy's intellect).)

TO BE CONTINUED..

Even Devi Laxmi lights diyas. Diyas has such greater significance. It's the combined form of three goddesses Laxmi Parvati and Saraswathi. No virus is more powerful than diyaa's light. Diya's shine kills all harmful germs.

Diya/candle isn't only a hinduism concept. It's significance is praised in Bible, Quran etc all religious books.

So let us all unite. If each Indian lights atleast one diyaa before his home at a time, it will become 140 crore diyas. Imagine the brightness of them. It can reduce the effect of viruses to some extent. Devi Laxmi, goddess of health and fortune too come into our homes.

Our cultures and our traditions are very powerful, they can help us in getting free from dreadful viruses. We generally waste many hours by playing video games. Can't we spare a five minutes by lighting a candle/ diyaa?? Lighting a diya also gives more enjoyment/ happiness than a pubg game.

So I request all Indians to light diyas today night @9pm. Let's send viruses away from India.

Remember one thing. Don't apply sanitizer before lighting diyas. Sanitizer burns hand.

Thankyou...

Jai Bharat Matha🇮🇳🇮🇳
Jai Laxmi Matha🙏🙏