Chapter Twenty-Nine

•Growth•

•Eleanor•
     Theodore went upstairs without saying a word, and I thought it best not to follow him. People need time alone when they're upset, and based on his record, I'm not risking anything.
     Oliver came into the kitchen after a little while of me sitting there alone. He seemed surprised by my presence, but kept quiet none the less.

     "Where are you heading to?" I asked, watching him grab a cup and fill it with water.
"I'm going to the gym. I just got off from guarding the cells."
     "There is a gym here?" I question, perking up as he places his cup next to the sink.
"Yeah, you didn't know?" I shake my head. "Can I come with?" I question, and concern comes over his face.
     "Will Theodore be okay with that?" He questions and I shrug.
"I'm still on pack territory, I presume?" He nods, "and I'll be with you, so I think he'll be okay with it."

     Oliver's eyes trail down to my arm. "Wait. What happened to you??" I wave him off. "A rogue, but it doesn't hurt. I'm fine."
"Are you sure you should be doing any type of working out? You're still not fully healed..."
     "I'll stop if I start to hurt, I swear." He thinks for a moment before sighing.
     "Fine. But you have to stop if you feel any kind of pain. I'm not being responsible for your injuries getting worse." I nod my head and he beckons for me to follow him as he exits the kitchen.

     The gym is on the other side of the clear part of the territory.
It's a fairly large building, I know that much from the outside. The first room we walk into has punching bags and treadmill type machines, but I see doors leading to other rooms along with a staircase leading up.

     "We have to stretch before we start," Oliver says, dropping his duffle bag on a bench and walking through a doorway, a half wall separating the two rooms.
     "Grab a mat, I'll show you the basic stretches."

I nod my head and do as told, following Oliver across the room, where he lays down his mat.
     "Start by doing some basic arm stretches." I copy his movements as he brings one arm across his body, and then the other.
     "Okay, now bend and try to touch your toes," he says after we had completed a few more arm stretches.

     Oliver gives me a weird look when I follow his instructions with ease, being sure to keep my legs straight.
     "Uh, okay..." he sits down on the ground. "Put your legs apart and go as far down in-between them as you can." He stretches his arms across the ground in front of him.
I bend my body down so it is almost flush against the ground.

     "Girl what the heck." He questions, causing me to sit up and give him a questioning look.
"What?" I question, causing him to shake his head.
     "Half the girls your age in the pack aren't nearly as flexible as you. What's the deal?"
"Um... I don't know? I didn't realize it was unusual?" He shakes his head again, sighing before instructing me to do another stretch.

     Oliver leads me out of the stretching room after we put the mats back in their rightful place.
     "What's your main focus?" He questions, turning around so he is facing me.
I hesitate for a moment. "Um... A little of everything?" He nods his head. "You can just do my usual routine with me."

     His usual routine consisted of so many things that I can't even name, and he was ten times better than me in every single one of them.
     I knew my body was weak, but after only a moment of exercising, it let me know just how weak I truely am.

     "Do you do that every day?" I ask as Oliver holds the door open for me.
"I only skip one or two days out of the week, depending on a few things."
I nod my head as I walk next to him.
     "What do you think is the best way to build stamina?"