Chapter Thirty-Four

~Back~

()Eleanor()

~~~~~~~I startle when Theodore moves closer to me, mumbling something under his breath as he does so. I place my hand tenderly into his hair, feeling just how soft it is.
What magic does he use?
I look back up to the ceiling as I run my hand through his hair, following the swirls and the patterns.
"Oh my god." I startle at the panicked voice that comes from my lap and quickly look down as Theodore abruptly lifts from my lap, scooting away from me quickly . He looks at me with concern in his eyes as he scoots back more.
"I am so sorry Eleanor. I didn't-"
"Its okay. I was perfectly okay with that." Okay, 'perfectly' may be an over statement, I mildly could not breathe, but its okay.
He hesitates as he searches my eyes. "Are you sure?" Oh yeah I'm great. Breathing isn't a huge part of my life anyways. "Yes, Theodore, I'm sure." He hesitates for a moment before nodding. "Okay..."
His eyes glaze over for a moment before he sighs. "What's wrong?" I question, tilting my head slightly.
"There are rogues on the East border. I'll be back, don't leave the house... Please?" His voice is soft and his eyes are silently pleading with me to agree, so I nod my head.
"Okay, be safe." He stands up but doesn't walk away. "What's up?" I question after a moment, and he turns around. "Can I touch you?"
I hesitate for a moment before giving him a small nod. He leans down and carefully places a kiss to my forehead. "I'll be back shortly." I nod as he leaves, my eyes trailing down to my hands as the door clicks closed behind him.
Well that was sweet.
I agree with Ashley before standing up, stretching my arms over my head before walking to the door and leaving his office. I expect to see someone in the downstairs area, but the kitchen and living room are both completely empty.
I wonder where everyone is? I at least expected to see Alex.
Hey Alex? I don't get a response, so I assume he's busy.
Even when he's busy he usually responds... Ashley's right, me and Alex always respond to each other, no matter what.
Concern makes its way through my body as I peer around the room. I wish I had some way of contacting Theodore or Teddy...
I go back upstairs to knock on Teddy's door, getting no response when I do so. I think about going to Lillian, but then I remember that I told Theodore I would stay inside.
Something about the emptiness of the house is putting me on edge. It's eerily quiet and oddly unnerving. I slowly creep back down the stairs, my guard fully up as I check a few rooms of the house.
Alex? Are you there? There's a small delay before his voice floats through my head, instantly calming my nerves.
Huh? Oh, yeah, whats up? Sorry, I was doing something.
Oh, nothing, I just didn't know where anyone was.
Are you okay?
Yeah.
Okay, see you in a bit.
I sigh as I sit down on the couch. Though hearing his voice calmed my nerves, I'm still on edge. Even our conversation seemed off.
I drag my hand down my face as I sigh, standing up and walking over to the door. I figure if I see someone outside it will calm me down. I place my hand on the doorknob and nearly jump out of my skin when Alex's voice comes screaming into my mind.
Eleanor hide! Quickly! They're-
He cuts off and I stagger away from the door, my hand balling up my shirt as fear consumes my body.
I hear a howl come from somewhere outside the house and turn around quickly, racing up the stairs and into Theodore's office. I lock the door behind me and bolt over to the window.
My hand hesitates as I grab the curtain, a memory from so long ago passing through my mind.
All I saw was red.
I brace myself and pull the curtain away.
This time, though, I'm not met with a red field covered in my dead pack members, I do, however, see two wolves stalking closer to the house.
Two wolves that I recognize all too well.
I push away from the window, jumping when I run into Theodore's desk.
Oh god. No. Not again. I can't lose anyone else.
I shake my head quickly and race back over to the door, throwing it open and stopping in my tracks.
A large wolf is standing on the other side of the door, we both freeze for a moment, shock evident on it's face before he growls at me, lowering down slightly.
My eyes widen with fear as I take a step back.
I think about going for the window, but I know that there are two wolves just outside of it.
I stare at the wolf in front of me. There's no way I could fight them off, and I can't fight the two outside. I cast a panicked glance to my sides as the wolf takes a threatening step toward me.
I realize I only have one option right now other than death.
I take a deep breath in before shifting, my form lowing even smaller as the wolf watches me with narrowed eyes.
I hold my breath as I dart forward directly under the wolf. He growls as he tries to bite me, but I quickly turn and race down the hallway.
I can't go for a door, so instead I sprint into the downstairs office. I head straight for the window, hoping to everything that I have the power to break it as I throw my body against it. The sound of shattering glass surrounds me as my body lands on the ground with a painful thud.
I shake myself out before bolting in a random direction, ignoring the shard of glass lodged in my foot.
Theodore said the rogues were on the East border, so if I go in that direction, I might be able to find him.
Bad news: That random direction I picked? Yeah, turns out that was West.
I turn on my breaks, halting myself and tumbling forward in the process. I stand up quickly and go to turn around, running right into a wolf, a wolf with an all too familiar scent that's paired with memories I wish I could forget.
The Beta of the Nightful pack glowers down at me, and I instinctively shrink back. His power radiates off of him, but for some reason, it doesn't scare me as much as it used to.
Okay, I have to think. How can I get out of this alive? I glance around me, desperately looking for something that can help me, but to no avail.
I'll have to just make a run for it and hope that I can somehow get away from him.
I do the same thing that I did to the other wolf, I run directly under him.
That's one advantage to being the size of a pup. I hear the Beta let out an aggravated growl behind me, so I push myself to run faster.
A blur of white passes in front of me, and I halt in my tracks, turning to look at Alex, who stands between me and the Beta.
No. I won't let him get hurt. Alex growls at the Beta, who immediately lunges for Alex. He dodges out of the way.
If he's trying to kill Alex, why didn't he try to kill me?
Then it dawns on me.
I take a deep breath before shifting back into my human form.
"Stop!" I scream, causing both Alex and the Beta to stop and look at me. "I'm what you want, right?" The Beta takes a step towards me, his head cocked in a both curious and intimidating pose. Alex's eyes are wide as he watches me take a step towards the Beta. I keep my head high as I make eye contact with him, forcing myself to me confident.
"If I go with you, will you leave this pack alone?" I will my voice not to waver, to stand tall against my immense fear.
Eleanor, no. Don't do this. Run while you can. I look away from the Beta and towards Alex. "I'm sorry, but I can't do that Alex. I can't let everyone I care about die because of me again."
I turn my attention back to the Beta, who is watching me intently. "I'll go with you willingly. I won't try to run. I'll behave." The Beta narrows his eyes at me, taking a threatening step towards me. Alex moves towards him, but I put my hand up, halting him.
"Enough, Alex. Stand down." My voice is controlling, and Alex backs up slightly, shock clear on his face.
The Beta shifts back, aggressively taking my arm in his hand. "Try anything funny and I kill her, understood?" Alex stares at me with pleading eyes but nods to the Beta's words.
"And you. Behave like the good runt that you are." I cringe slightly at his words but keep my head up. "Of course, Beta." His eyes narrow at the venom in my voice as he pushes me forwards.
~~It's not long before my eyes land on the Alpha, who, when he sees me, smiles widely. "Eleanor! It's great to see you!" I see a wolf turn abruptly at the Alpha's words, and my heart breaks as I make eye contact with Theodore.
Theodore growls before he begins running over to us. In an instant a cold object that burns my skin is placed against my throat. Theodore stops instantly and the Beta laughs. "Yeah, don't try anything stupid, Alpha."
I ignore the pain in my heart at Theodore's broken look as I look back to Johnson. "Hello Alpha. Long time no see." I keep my voice confident, forcing the fear that is slowly creeping up my throat down.
"Did you have to fight her?" Johnson asks, ignoring my words. "Nope, she came willingly. Something about saving this pack. All nonsense."
The Alpha walks over to us, and he smiles as he grabs a stand of my hair, caressing my cheek as he examines it.
"It's nice to see your hair clean again. It'd been so long." Theodore growls as I freeze. All of the confidence I had drains out of my body when I feel his skin on mine. All of the memories and the things he did to me come rushing back, nearly taking the air out of my lungs with their force.
"Ah, such good memories with you. Too bad we can't make any more." Confusion takes over my face.
"Oh, did you think we weren't going to kill you?" He laughs. "Now, don't get me wrong, I thought about it. But... God, you just made me so mad with your little stunt."
I deadpan my face. "Oh, so you just wanted to be the one to kill me?" He laughs again. "Oh no no, even better." He whistles, and a wolf emerges out of the woods and begins stalking towards us.
My heart stops as I look at the wolf. He stares directly at me with no emotion on his face. He stops next to the Alpha, and I have to force myself to not break down.
"Scottie?"

~~~~~~~~~
Oh hey I got a new computer.
So basically I'm not allowed to buy anything for the next three months.
Anyways, back on track.
How is everyone? I know I keep going MIA, and I'm extremely sorry for that. With work and my computer being lowkey stupid before it was distracting.
I will (once again) try to update more.

Every one have a lovely Morning/afternoon/night!!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

You can support me if you'd like
Venmo:
@Rai-Neu-2015

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Bye my Luvs!

Word Count
1989

                      Everyone feels fear, whether they show it or not.