Chapter Nine

Derek

We got to the hospital, I parked fast jumped out then got stiles in my arms running into the ER. "Help! Someone help me he's dying!!" The doctors got him on a bed then started towards some doors. Me and the packed followed but a doctor stopped us. "Guys I'm sorry but you have to stay out here, we will do everything we can." The doctor said. We all nodded and went to the waiting room. "I'm so sorry guys, this is all y fault." I said. "No it's not Derek. You didn't know they would take stiles, don't blame yourself for this." Scott said putting his hand on my shoulder. Tears started falling down my cheeks, I whipped them before anyone noticed. "I do blame myself, everyone who gets close to me gets hurt or killed, you all should run away from me while you still can." "Look Derek, yes stiles got hurt, but he would take a bullet for you or anyone else here if he had to. We're not going anywhere, we're a pack. We're family we stick together no matter what." Isaac said.

"I'm gonna gonna go get some air." "I'll come with you Derek." Isaac said in a gentle voice. I nodded he followed behind me. As soon as I walked out the hospital I couldn't hold the tears back anymore. I fell to my knees, Isaac kneeled down to comfort me. "he's gonna be fine. Isaac said "he's stiles freaking stilinski, he's a fighter!" I smiled a little but it quickly went away when I smelt a familiar scent. "Peter!" I said standing to my feet. "What?" Isaac asked confused. "Peter, he's here. Isaac go tell Lydia and Jackson to make sure no one gets passed those doors to stiles. And tell Scott and Liam to get out here now!" Isaac nodded, ran into the ER to warn the others. "Stiles almost died because of you!!" I growled taking out my claws. Liam, Scott and Isaac ran out of the hospital taking their claws out glowing their gold eyes at Peter. "I'm not here to fight you Derek." Peter said.

"Then why are you here, Peter?" Scott asked. "checking on stills of course, why else? Peter said with a smile. "what? Why? Wa-wait you KNEW they took him didn't you!!" I said in a demanding voice. "You let Azazel and Lilith torcher him, he's nearly dead and you KNEW it!!" My eyes turned red and I started walking slowly towards him, Liam, Scott and Isaac followed. Peter took off quickly. Jackson came running out of the hospital, "guys stiles is out of surgery, he's gonna make it!" It felt like the world was lifted off my shoulders when Jackson said that. "They said he's gonna be asleep for a couple hours but we can go see him now." You guys go ahead, I'll be in there in a minute. I said. The pack nodded and went back into the hospital. I was trying to catch peters scent, but I couldn't. I needed answers.

Scott

We went into stiles room. I sat beside him, holding his hand to take as much pain from him as I could. Stiles stared moving but didn't wake up. "I'm gonna kill peter." I said in a serious voice. "I'm just glad he's gonna be okay." Lydia said softly. "D-Derek?" "Hey stiles it's me, Scott." Stiles looked around the room confused. "Wh-where am I? What happened?" "You're in the hospital you don't remember?" I said softly. "Where's Derek?" He asked. "He's outside he'll be in soon." "I'll go check on him and bring him back to see you" Isaac said.

Isaac

I got up and went to find Derek. He was probably blaming himself still. I looked in the waiting area, he wasn't there. I looked outside next. But I didn't see him. I smelt for his scent, I got it. But I couldn't figure out where exactly it was coming from. I looked up and there he was. Sitting on the roof of the hospital. I ran back inside and took the stairs to the roof. I finally got up there and sat beside Derek.
"Stiles is awake, he's asking for you." "I-I can't face him Isaac."
"He's not gonna blame you derek, he doesn't even remember what happened."
"I'm sure Scott or Jackson told him by now."
"They haven't Derek, if you don't go see him, he's gonna be trying to walk to find you himself."
"Alright, alright I'll go."
Derek and I walked down the 4 flights of stairs in silence. It was Derek's idea, he was stalling. We finally got to the lobby, I walked in front of derek taking him to stiles room. I told the pack to give them a minute alone, they nodded, hugged stiles and went back to the waiting area.

Derek

I took a deep breath, walked in his room and shut the door behind me. I sat in the chair beside his bed. "Derek?" "Hey stiles, I'm here. I'm so sorry this is all my fault." Tears were staring to creep out of my eyes but I held them back. "How is it your fault?" "Your really don't remember what happened?" He shook his head, waiting for me to explain. I let out a sigh "we all went shopping, and out to eat. You stayed at the beach house because you wanted to be alone. When we got back the house was trashed. In our bathroom mirror you wrote 'HELP ME' in your blood.
Azazel and Lilith took you, tortured you all because of me, I'm sorry stiles."

"Derek I don't blame you."

"Well you should."

"Did you know they would come for me?"

"No."

"Then How is any of this your fault Derek?"

"They wanted me. But I wasn't there, I wasn't there to help you."

"You're here now, it's not your fault so stop blaming yourself." He said smiling, taking my hand. I gave him a smile back. The nurse walked in I pulled my hand away from stiles. His smile quickly faded away. "He needs rest and here are your meds stiles." She said. Stiles took the medicine and was passed out within 15 minutes.