06. fame

Here's a long one for y'all, I hope you enjoy!

I've been debating if I should add miss rona into this story but writing about basketball is helping me cope with the fact that the NBA got moved and the college basketball tournaments got canceled :(

And I'm still mad I can't add gifs. :(((

"Even though the world was meant for you I hope you don't get famous..."

***

"I feel like I'm going to shit myself," I whisper to Reese.

She gives me a look. "Amour you can't say shit like that, we're supposed to be professional."

The two of us sat in the fourteenth floor of the massive skyscraper located in Downtown Los Angeles, the home to Chance Records. The label was founded by Eric Chance in the early 2000s and quickly began to move up in the industry after signing multiple new artists that started to top the charts. They're battling with Atlantic Records and Sony Music for the top spot at the best label and to think they're considering me as one of their artists is fucking crazy.

The moment Reese and I walked in we were greeted with nicely dressed front desk workers, polished marble floors, and expensive-looking furniture. The women who directed us to the office of Mr. Holloway, the CEO, offered us mints and wished me good luck with smiles that actually didn't look fake. Once we got to the fourteenth floor a woman who introduced herself to us as Mr. Holloway's assistant told us nicely to wait while they were getting set up. 

I was surprised at how friendly everyone here was, I've heard horror stories about the music industry but this place seems to be the complete opposite. That didn't stop my nerves from suddenly creeping up on me. I've never felt more out of place than I did here, even though Reese and I were dressed nicely it felt like we were just some kids from the hood waiting to walk in there and get laughed at. 

My brain was going through all the worse possible scenarios and even though I tried to stop it from spiraling nothing worked. Sitting here waiting for what might be the biggest moment of my life was making my anxiety skyrocket and now I'm getting the anxious shits. I haven't had those since I was prescribed those meds—oh wait.

"I took my pills." I blurt out.

Reese's eyes go wide as I suddenly remember that I swallowed two tablets of my old medication in an attempt to calm myself down before the meeting. I didn't work.

"You did what?" she whispers harshly.

"I-I still had some of my anxiety meds from when the panic attacks were really bad earlier this year and I thought it would calm me down because I was spiraling and I needed something to stop me from getting nervous but they're not working anymore so I need something stronger so I don't go in there and blow it because if I blow it then my career is basically over and—"

"Amour chill the fuck out," Reese cuts off my rambling. "Dude you can't be doin' that shit! It's been months and you're supposed off of those!"

"I know but thought it would calm me down!" I confess. "I think it made it worse. I need something stronger."

Reese sighs as she puts her fingers on her temple. "You don't need something stronger stupid, you need to take a fucking deep breath and calm down," she says, putting a hand on my knee to stop it from bouncing. "In three, out three."