07. escape

This one is another long one. Like really long, I'm talking 5000+ words. I really did not mean to write so much for this chapter, but it just happened. Buckle up, it's a wild ride. 

Also, the song down below is what I imagined for the party scene.

***

"I don't know Amour, it seems a bit weird they would ask that."

I exhaled a sigh and laid back onto my bed, my phone still in hand as Kostas continued speaking on the other line. I swear it felt like everyone I talked to about the whole Chance Records situation was saying the same thing. Out of everyone, I thought Kostas would be the one to see my side. 

"I know it's weird but just think about it," I say, rolling onto my stomach. "When am I ever going to get this opportunity again? If I say no they might try to blacklist me or something just because I turned them down."

"Cariño, your music is amazing, you're gonna have labels lined up at your door," Kostas compliments. "Plus, if you think this label is gonna stoop to the point of blacklisting you then why be apart of that kind of environment?"

I think for a moment. Okay so maybe Kostas, Reese, Finnick, and Isaiah have good points. Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that signing with this label will be doing more good than bad so I can finally catch a break. It feels like everyone around me is achieving big things while I'm just a sitting duck. 

While I was in the hospital over the summer, I convinced Reese to make her own YouTube channel since mine would be out of commission for a while. It was supposed to be something small to keep her mind off of what happened but Reese's following surpassed mine in just a couple of months. Of course, I support Reese one hundred percent, but it still kinda sucks. 

Don't even get me started on Isaiah. After we left the ice cream shop he got recognized two other times while we were walking through downtown LA. The first guy was a UCLA alum and he and Isaiah talked for around fifteen minutes before they realized that I was still there. The other was some basic LA girl who asked for a picture and got way to close for comfort. To top it all off he has a fucking fan account now. 

Holy shit. I sound so fucking bitter right now.

"Amour?" Kostas' soft voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "You still there?"

"Yeah," I sigh. "I guess you have a point."

"You know I'll support whatever you decide to do, even if I lean more towards a certain point," Kostas says sincerely, I could feel his soft smile through the phone.