Chapter 9

Narcissa began to stress more and more, so that by the time classes were over, Ruby was afraid she would explode into a fiery ball of stress.

As soon as classes let out, Ruby dragged Narcissa to her dorm in Gryffindor just long enough to drop off her books. Ruby got a few nasty looks for bringing a Slytherin into the Gryffindor common room, but she didn't care. She dragged her friend to the Great Hall where they were supposed to be studying and insisted that Lucius and Sev come with them. Lucius so he could pick out his costume, and Sev so he wouldn't be bothered by the Marauders while she was gone. Neither male looked happy to be dragged on a shopping trip, but couldn't argue since Ruby was already pulling them both towards Hogwarts.

The four spent the next few hours looking for the perfect costume for the Slytherin couple.

Narcissa and Lucius didn't know what half the costumes were supposed to represent, and were slightly horrified by the muggle version of witches and wizards.

They eventually settled on vampire costumes, and paid for them.

After eating dinner quickly, Ruby dragged them back to the Slytherin common room long enough to tell Lucius to be ready by the time the party started and come to get Narcissa.

Ruby hadn't ever dressed anyone up before, and insisted she'd need several hours, mostly so she had plenty of time to fix anything she messed up, although she didn't tell that to Narcissa.

It was already six thirty, and the party started at nine, giving Ruby two and a half hours. Ruby started by washing Narcissa's blonde hair, and having Narcissa put on the costume. Ruby pulled Narcissa's hair up into a ponytail, leaving out several curls to hang down. Then she curled the ponytail so that the hair fell in front of her shoulders so it wouldn't get it the way of the high collar.

It took her several tries to get the pale eyeshadow on correctly, and she let Narcissa put on the mascara and eyeliner. She didn't want to risk poking her in the eye.

The rest of the makeup was surprisingly easy to apply as long as she was careful. Ruby looked at the clock to see that it was eight thirty. The two had found a few spells to make the couple's eyes red, and give them fangs. The spells worked surprisingly well, and Narcissa looked like a vampire straight out of a fairy tale.

She looked over the costume, hair and make up one last time just to make sure everything was perfect. Satisfied, she and Narcissa made their way to the fifth year dorms to see Amaris.

Amaris was dressed as a pirate, her dark blonde hair down with a tri-corn pirate hat sitting on her head. She wore a loose long sleeved off the shoulder shirt that was an off white color, and were ruffled at the end of the sleeves. She wore a tight brown corset shirt over it. She had black velvet leggings and thigh high leather boots with a three inch heel, the top folded over to give her a more pirate-y look.

 She had black velvet leggings and thigh high leather boots with a three inch heel, the top folded over to give her a more pirate-y look