20. I Love You

Jaren and John both get back to his house after parting ways with Kasey, who hugs them goodbye and makes them promise to not tear each other up. Neither of them promises her and she walks away rolling her eyes.

They sit on the couch together and turn the TV on to YouTube, unanimously agreeing to watch a random videos they find. They watch video after video until they end up on a Vine compilation, as they usually do. Jaren puts his feet in John's lap as they both quote every Vine that shows up on the screen while laughing. He feels John's fingers against the soles of his feet and they begin to tickle them.

Jaren squeaks and hurries to bring his feet back to himself but John's fingers wrap around his ankles and pull him until he's lying flat on the couch. He looks down at John as he crawls up his body and props himself up, elbows either side of Jaren's head.

"Hey," John smiles.

"Hey?" Jaren doesn't know what he's doing.

"I love you."

He laughs. "I know you do."

John pouts at him, feigning hurt. "Say it back, you bitch."

Jaren looks up at him and cranes his neck, bringing his lips to John's.

"Country boy, I love youuuuu," Jaren sings, imitating the girl in the Vine by spitting his tongue out and raising his eyebrows just as she does. He watches John pull away, unimpressed by his quotation of the Vine they both love, and suddenly a cushion slams into his face. Jaren giggles as he hugs the cushion. "I'm kidding, papi. I love you."

John snorts. "That's what I thought." He removes the cushion from Jaren's chest to replace it with his own body and lowers his lips to Jaren's, pushing him onto his back once again. Jaren feels John's teeth graze his lips before his mouth is invaded by John's tongue, which explores every corner of his mouth. He moans into the kiss, a moan that turns to a gasp when John reaches down and strokes his thigh, his hand rising dangerously. All the heat stored in Jaren's body floods to between his legs as John's hands remain there and he moves his lips to Jaren's already battered neck.

Before they can go any further, the two hear a knock at the door. "Smii7y! Open up bro!" Eric's voice comes from the other side followed by the laughter. Eyes wide, Jaren's head snaps back to John, as bewildered as him.

"Oh my God. I forgot they were coming today." He curses inwardly and throws his head back down onto the couch.

John smirks at him. "No worries, I'll just carry on after they leave." The husk in his voice makes Jaren shiver with anticipation. John removes himself from Jaren and makes his way to the front door. Jaren clears his throat and seats himself properly, taming his hair with his fingers and throwing the scarf on his couch around his neck in a manner that doesn't look too suspicious. Can't let them see his battle scars.

A second later, the voices of their friends can be heard loud and clear as they pour into Jaren's home.

"Kryoz? Wh- you're here? Where's Smii7y?" Fitz's voice.

"He's here. We're just hanging out." Jaren grins to himself, the only other one to truly know what they had been up to before they'd been interrupted.

He watches Swagger come closer to him and he stands to meet the small man. "Smii7y, my guy." Eric pays his back. "What is up with the scarf? It's like a fucking sauna in here already."

"I feel cold."

"O...kay." Swagger gives him a confused look as he sits. Jaren turns to see who else had come over. Just Fitz and McCreamy. Jaren sighs quietly. Thank God there aren't a lot. Jay punches him in the shoulder as a greeting before he sits beside Eric. Fitz is the last to come in, leaning down to hug John before making his way to Jaren and hugging him too.