Chapter 6

The school day dragged on as it finally came to an end. Students cheered and ran through the hallways as their two week Spring Break commenced. Those cursed with homework had put on determined faces to get it done and out of the way. You even planned to get that stupid project done and out of the way too. During the last ten minutes of class, Levi decided that it was a perfectly good time to skip the rest of class and leave you and Petra to decide the dates of when you all will meet. As you and Petra walked down the now vacant halls, you couldn't help but to question her about her little conversation with Levi.

"So...how long have you known Levi?" You questioned looking at Petra from the corner of your eye. Petra looked at you and smiled.

"Why [Name]? Are you jealous?" She asked flashing you a mischievous smile. You scoffed and rolled your eyes at her, stepping harder on the gas pedal.

"Uhhh ew. Jealous of what? I just asked how long you've known Levi." You said unlocking your mother's car.

"Oh, Levi and I go way back. We've been friends since preschool." She said strapping on the seat belt.

"In all my years of being Levi's friend, I've never seen or met his parents. And he doesn't really like to talk about his past." She finished. There was a long pause before she broke the silence. You stared straight ahead and parked in her driveway.

''I know you and Levi don't get along, but could you just give him a chance [Name]? And I'll see you two over the weekend, okay?" She stated getting out of the car.

"Yeah...bye." You backed out and headed home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had gotten darker and the rain clouds had gathered promising a thunderstorm. You were speeding down 'No Mans Land' as the first few drops of rain began to fall. You loved the rain, but you hated being caught in it. You turned on you brights and noticed a figure walking down the vacant street. You started to slow down to take a better peek at the stranger. As you pulled closer you recognized who it was...Levi. He looked beaten and worn out and obviously in a panic. You stopped your car and grabbed your mom's spare umbrella before getting out.

"Levi! What are you doing out here!?" You approached him and set the umbrella over his head. You stared at Levi as he continued to look at everything except you.

"Levi-

"Shut the hell up and get in the damned car now [Name]!" He shoved you in the passenger side and got in the drivers side.

"HEY! WHO THE HELL-

"[Name] SHUT.THE.FUCK.UP!" He yelled at you as he slammed on the gas pedal. 'What the actual fuck.... what the hell does he think he's doing.'

"Um...Levi...what are you doing?" You questioned. You somehow managed to put a lot of distance between you and Levi in the front seat as possible. Levi stared straight ahead and kept his gaze on the road. He slowed down a bit as the rain had gotten heavier.

"Levi...please."

"Tch...You're a real pain in the ass you know that right [Name]? And if it isn't as obvious as it looks, I'm driving."

"No shit smart-ass. I mean why were you walking down the road in the first place?"

He hesitated and swallowed hard before answering you.

"Titans." Levi spoke not taking his eyes off the road. Titans, an infamous brood of dangerous thugs and gangsters. What the hell was Levi doing with them anyway? You stared off into the rain and thought long and hard about what he just said. ' Well [Name] Levi being a little criminal himself, why else would he not be involved with those kind of people.' You felt Levi's eyes on you as he drove quickly down the vacant road smack dabbed in the middle of the forest. You had no choice but to go through it, it was the only way home and the only way to the market from where you lived.

"I'm not with them...if that's what you're thinking." He said. His voice was more reassuring than it normally was before. He began to slow down as you two neared your town.

"Ahh, civilization." He joked. Levi was trying eliminate the awkward silence between you two but it only made the silence even more awkward than before.

"If...if you're not with them, then...w-who are you with?" You questioned. You managed to gather enough courage to ask him. Everything happened all so very fast. Finding him walking down the road soaking wet and injured. And then he forced you back into the car. He dominated you.

"Well princess, You're a smart chick. Tell me, who do you think that I'm with?" He asked with a hint of amusement in his voice. " Well shit I don't know. Some sick ass vigilante group I guess." You thought to yourself.

"I'm the Captain of 'The Scouts' ." He said bluntly. Your eyes grew wide in complete shock and fear. You were sitting in the car with the infamous Captain Levi. One of the most deadliest thugs known. The 'Wings of Freedom' is their insignia signicifying their gang and those in it. More like vigilantes. They have various names. The Recon & Survey, M.P., and Green Horns. With ' Green Horns' being the fresh meat of the whole pack they suffered great losses.

"Oi princess, what the hell were you doing in 'No Mans Land' anyway? That's titan territory. They could've killed you."

"I had to go to the store. Why the hell were you in titan territory?" You snapped back.

"Taking care of business."

"Oh, and I guess that you were taking care of business when you decided to skip the rest of class, leaving Petra and I to do all the work too huh?"

"To answer your question yes." Levi replied before driving off again. A good girl like you shouldn't even be in this predicament.

'I should've just driven passed him and left him back there. I'm still pissed at him from earlier.'

'No [Name] that's a bitch move and it's mean.'

'So what difference does it make? You don't even like him, so why the hell should you even care?'

"Princess, you're at home." Levi said snapping you out of your mental monologue. You furrowed your eye brows in confusion, shock, and fear.

"Levi...I-I never told you where I lived."

"And your point? Is this not your house?"

"HOW.THE.HELL-"

"You idiot. Do you not remember fowarding your address to all your friends for that party you threw before school started? Petra sent it to me and I still have it. Shit [Name] everybody was here."

"I'm sorry that I didn't care to take notice of your presence. And get the hell out of my mom's car jackass." You snapped.

" Un-fucking- believable. I drive you home and you call me a jackass."

"Yes, so do as I say so I can park it back in the garage."

Levi sighed irritably and got out. You saw him struggle to keep his facade together. Once you've parked, turned off the car , Levi was making his way down your driveway, and shielding himself from the ice biting rain. Your eyes rolled in annoyance.  

'I can't just let him leave. It's cold out here and he's obviously injured. I don't know who the hell he's foolin'

"YOU DUMMY!! GET BACK HERE!!"