Chapter 12

You, Petra and Levi had moved your little group project upstairs in the family loft. The storm had gotten even worse as time flew by. Working by nothing but the light of the candles and flashlights you were just about finished with your group project. All you had to do was print out the statistics and pie chart and you all were done but of course, the power is out and there's no telling when it's going to come back on again. Your laptop was the only source of entertainment but no one could agree on what movie to watch. And no one meaning You and Levi.
So here the three of you were. Sprawled out on the floor in the loft staring into the sky light watching as the rain tapped violently against it and the lightning flashed. Normally, thunderstorms would put you to sleep but this is totally different. Your teeth began to ache due to the munchies you had gotten and your stomach cursed you out loudly for neglecting to fill it up. Levi and Petra both heard this and exchanged looks at each other before looking at you. You felt their eyes on you but you refused to give them the attention. You rolled on your side with your back facing them before your stomach emitted another angry hunger growl.

"You know, I think we should all have lunch right now so [Name] could stop starving herself." Petra said breaking the bored silence. Levi sighed heavily. You had to literally kick him in the ass for not listening to you when you told him not to over work himself. So he would take a little catnap every once in a while. He was laying on his stomach, clad in your favorite [color] blanket on the floor beside you and Petra.

Levi was acting weird. Not because of the fever, no.... it was something else. He was...less of a dick than he normally was. You took note of that after you kicked him in the ass and he didn't really seem to do anything about it other than bore hell holes through your soul with his stare. No raging insults, no perverted comments, just nothing really. Hell, he even let you check his temperature more than once without getting annoyed. It was like he actually enjoyed your touch. You sat up and crossed your legs Indian style and stretched your back. The fluffy carpet was only fluffy momentarily and became quite hard and left obnoxious marks on your bare arms. Once again, the loft was filled with boredom. Your butt vibrated loudly and caught you by surprise.

"Damn [Name], go in another room and do that. That's disgusting." Levi said glaring at you.

'Does he think that I...'

"I did't fart you idiot. It's my phone."

"It really did sound like a fart [Name]." Petra said staring down trying her hardest not to smile.

"Petra, nobody asked for your two cents." You snapped reaching in your back pocket to retrieve your phone. Levi was trying to ignore Petra's goofy smile at the thought of you actually silencing the lambs and failed miserably before he cracked a snort. The air was filled with silent giggles from those two.

"You two are so immature." You said getting out of your spot on the floor and going into the hall.

"Someone's a little artsy-fartsy eh Levi?" Petra giggled. Levi shook his head and lied down in his arms.

~

"Hello?"

"[Name] sweetie? Is everything okay? I heard about the severe storm watch."

"I'm fine mom. Everything is fine. Petra and Le- Petra's here with me."

"Oh, okay. You girls stay away from the windows. And make sure that Petra contacted her parents to ensure her safety okay sweetie?"

"Sure mom."

"Alright. I want you girls to stay upstairs and if need be, stay in the panic room."

"Mom, we're fine alright."

"Okay, I'll check up on you two every once in a while. Love you baby."