Ch 4. Heart Attack

At the police department

"All right. Let's start with the tip line reports." said Soichiro of the ICPO.

"Yes, sir. Up to this point, we've received 3029 responses about the murders and revivals via telephone and e-mail. Most of these have been curious citizens' and prank calls, but there are 14 people who claimed to either know Kira or Tenshi or who have seen, them. All 14 accounts were followed up on and carefully documented. However, nobody could provide any information that wasn't already publicly available. Lastly this week there were additional 21 people who called in claiming to be Kira and 31 who called in claiming to be Tenshi. We didn't wanna rule anything out. So we followed standard procedure and created files for all of them." reported an officer as he stood up to address the room.

"Uh-huh. All right. On to the victim and revival reports." Soichiro said nodding to the first officer before turning to another.

"Yes, sir. Upon further investigation, we have confirmed that information of the heart attack victims and Miracle revivals were, in fact, made publicly available in Japan immediately prior to their deaths and revivals. Also, concerning L's request that we investigate the time of death of each victim and the revivals, we found that all of them occurred between the hours of 4 p.m. and 2 a.m. on weekdays local time with 68% of them occurring between 8 p.m. and12 a.m. Weekends and holidays appeared to be the exception to this rule as the times of deaths and revivals vary much more widely than during the week." The officer in question responded.

"That information is extremely relevant for us. It suggests that given the times of the deaths and revivals, our suspect and miracle worker both could very well be students, also based on the fact that Kira is only killing criminals, I think it's safe to assume that he is driven by a very idealistic notion of justice. Tenshi seems to be more neutral reviving anyone she sees regardless of their status, though it seems she avoids Kira's victims as much as possible. It's highly possible Kira and potentially Tenshi may even aspire to be some sort of godlike figures. We're dealing with the individuals who have a very childish concept of right and wrong or want to cheat death. Of course, this is mere speculation at this point, but still, I recommend you reexamine any assumptions you've made as to whether or not our suspect and Miracle worker could be students. We must consider every possibility. I believe that's the shortest route to finding and arresting Kira and locating Tenshi. Please continue with your report." L said through his voice modifier.

"Hm. Oh aright. Does anyone else have something they'd like to add?" Soichiro asked the room as he furled his eyebrows in deep thought.

"Ah, yes, sir." Matsuda said almost shaking nervously.

"What is it, Matsuda?" Soichiro asked a hint of annoyance and fondness in his eyes.

"Um. W-well I'm not saying this to s-support Kira, or to c-condone the murders, but in the l-last few days throughout the world, but especially h-here in Japan, we've observed the d-dramatic decrease in the number of v-violent crimes committed. Also, T-Tenshi isn't doing anything w-wrong why are we trying to force her to show themselves?" Matsuda spoke stuttering nervously.

"Well, I suppose it makes sense. We've suspected something like that would happen. for the second part, it's because Tenshi can't have that much power in their hands. Anything else?" Soichiro asked Matsuda with a small barely noticeable frown.

"No." Matsuda answered relieved that he didn't get in trouble.

"Well, that about sums up our report for today, L." Soichiro said looking toward the white screen that showed a fancy black L.

"Thank you, everyone. I feel we're one step closer to finding Kira and possibly Tenshi. Before I go, I'm afraid I have one additional request to make. This is directed to the teams investigating the victims, TV news, and the internet, I would like you to go back and take a closer look at the exact way in which the victims' and revivals identities were made public. Be as thorough as possible. In particular, I want to know if photos of the victims that were made available to the public in Japan. I leave it to you." L responded