Ch 20. Planning

Task Force

30 Days Later

I walked into the Task Force with a new determination a month later. I was going to do things my way even if it killed me, and L was not going to stop me. I noted how L tensed slightly as I walked in but ignored it since it was clear that L didn't feel very guilty. I walked over to Dad and greeted the older Time-Lord.

"Hey, Dad. You scold L yet?" I asked a hopeful smirk on my face and Dad chuckled slightly.

"Yup, but that detective is certainly stubborn. Almost more than me." Dad said with a sigh. I cringed knowing that if Dad set his mind to it nothing would be able to stop him. I was concerned that I wasn't going to be able to save L if this kept up.' Not that you care anyway. He is just using you Tsuki. He will never love you.' The voice said in a false sympathetic tone.

"Mr. Yagami, are you all right? There's no reason for you to keep doing this to yourself." L said as he turned to my former Dad. I watched carefully as Soichiro glared at L.

"It's been over a month since Kira started killing criminals again. And as far as I'm concerned, that's all the proof I need to be sure that my son isn't Kira. So then all that left is for you to be sure. One way or another when I get out of here, it will be with my son." Soichiro said an angry tone creeping into his voice.

"Wow, the chief can be pretty stubborn," Matsuda said in awe. I rolled my eyes knowing that if Light and my role were reversed at this point Soichiro wouldn't have cared.

"Light, how are you feeling right now?" L asked speaking into the microphone. I watched as Light looked into the camera as L spoke. I watched Light's body language carefully.

"Ah, I'm OK. Ryuzaki, I know that in the time I've been in prison no new criminals have died. However, that suggests to me that Kira must be someone who's intimately familiar with my situation. And if that's the case..." Light said before trailing off. I had to admit that Light would have made a great actor.

"No, Light. The reason criminals have stopped dying is that you are Kira." L said no emotion in his voice. I felt a pang of hurt realizing perhaps BB and the voice were right about L.

"No! I'm not Kira! How many times do I have to say it?" Light protested in frustration as he glared at the camera in the corner of his cell.

"If Light were Kira, he'd know that I was bluffing, so why is he getting so upset? He honestly seems clueless." L taunted my former brother to get a response.

"This is just cruel. I don't care if he is a suspect. Light still has a right to know that criminals are being killed again." I snarled at the so-called-greatest detective. L look over at me with a blank expression that made my blood boil in anger.

" As I have said before Ms. Yagami if you do not like what is done here I will have to ask you to either keep your opinions in your mind or leave." L said with a note of annoyance in his voice. L leaned over to speak into a microphone." Amane."

"Yes?" Misa asked her voice shaking. I closed my eyes as guilt flooded my mind. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Dad standing there with an angry look on his face.

"Are you OK? You seem tired." L said in a slightly mocking tone. I took a deep breath before turning and leaving the room. I headed toward the prison cells. I walked up to Misa's cell and used the sonic screwdriver I stole from Dad to unlock the coded door and walked in making sure I flipped the bird at the camera.

I began untying my friend and undid the straps keeping her eye cover on. I knew that L had already sent someone to arrest me and lock up Misa again. Misa blinked as the blindfold was slipped off. She tried to get up but fell over again. I picked her up and ran over to the door and down the hall.

As I ran around a corner I nearly collided with Dad who was staring at me with a disappointed yet understanding look as he pointed his spare screwdriver at me. I shoved my way past and continued to run until I was met with a dead-end and the officers, Dad, and L walked up and managed to box me in.

Looking behind me I noticed the glass window looking over twenty stories. I gave Misa a brief nod before pointing the screwdriver at the window and pressing a button. The loud frequency of the screwdriver shattered the glass and I ducked over Misa to protect her from the falling glass. When I stood up I gave the group a smile and wave before leaping out of the window with Misa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I fell I pressed something on the screwdriver and waited, my eyes closed so as not to see the ground rushing up to meet us. I suddenly came to an abrupt stop and I peeked my eyes open to see the face of The Master staring at me with a mad glint in his eyes. I sucked in a breath as I scrambled to my feet. Looking down I noticed Misa having a panic attack as she tried to figure out how she wasn't dead.

"So, you got my message," I said as I stared at the Time-Lord who was supposedly my second father. The Master gave me a chilling grin before nodding.

"Yes, I did, princess." The Master responded with a smirk. I nodded looking up noticing I couldn't see the building anymore, The Master must have teleported us away. I turned back and helped Misa stand up.

"Um...Tsuki. How did we survive that? Why did you tell me your Kira when you really are Tenshi?" Misa began rambling. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"First off I didn't tell you who Kira really was because he wants to use you in order to purge the world. He was going to kill you after because you had also been killing. As for our survival, it was The Master." I explained before pointing to the Time-Lord standing by the wall with a curious look on his face. I turned away from Misa and looked directly into the eyes of The Master.

"How convincing can you make a fake death look? I'm trying to fool The Doctor." I said trying not to flinch as I said my Dad's name. The Master gave a large grin.

TIME SKIP

I watched the screen as The Master and a genetic clone of me made their way over to an ally way a few blocks away from the Task-Force building. I turned on a camera and waited for The Master, who had a mask on to kill the clone. I was against using a clone at first until The Master managed to convince me that he was only making it function on basic instincts and was more or less a drone that certain races used instead of their own people.

I watched as The Master leveled a gun to the clone's head and gave a signal to the clone to began trying to escape. The clone bolted and began to run into the street as The Master gave chase after several minutes of running the Task-Force and Dad were seen running to help me. I felt a small pang at the thought of hurting Dad, Jack, and BB.

"Ok, Master. You may kill me now." I said into his earpiece. I heard a sharp bang and watched in fascination as I began to glow gold as regeneration energy erupted from me. Before my clone could finish though I heard a second bang and my clone abruptly stopped glowing as they fell over dead on the pavement. I stared in shock as I felt tears well up in my eyes when Dad collapsed onto his knee's beside who he thought was me.

The Master gave one long look at Dad before pressing his teleporter and leaving. I turned as The Master appeared behind me and gave the Time-Lord a questioning look. The Master hesitated for a few minutes and I began to think he wasn't going to say anything when he gained a determined look.

"When were you going to say that The Doctor was your father?" The Master asked looking reserved. I closed my eyes and knew the cat was out of the bag.

"I assumed you knew since you and The Doctor conceived me somehow," I said giving glance toward Misa who was asleep on a cot in the corner of the room.

"Wait......your my daughter?" The Master asked blinking. I nearly laughed at the dumbfounded look on the older Time-Lords face. I gave The Master a nod and waited for the information to sink in. I watched in amusement as confusion morphed into shock before The Master's eyes rolled back into his head and he dropped into a dead faint.

I blinked in shock not expecting the news to have affected him at all. In fact, I had thought he would have instantly tried to get me to betray Dad.' Dang, what are those drums in his head messing with? It seems like his personality is completely different during the few times I have seen him. I guessed the shock of realizing he is a father was enough to block the drums out for a few moments.' I thought shrugging.