Ch 19. Anger

I was standing next to BB and Dad as I waited patiently for the L to finish looking through evidence. I had been much happier the last few days due to L accepting the bond. I looked over toward BB watching him as he ate his jam and stared at L. I was a little concerned at the amount of focus BB was giving L. I would have to talk with the ex-killer if I was going to prevent an argument or fight from breaking out.

Looking toward Dad I noticed he was building a machine of some kind on the table next to me. I watched as Dad expertly fiddled with the wires, metal, and electricity. I was fascinated by Dad's knowledge of species, machines, and planets. I hoped Dad would teach me some of that in the future.

"Hair.....snack crumbs.....hair..." L mumbled as he brought the sampled closer to his face to observe them." Mr. Yagami, if I die within the next few days, your son is Kira. Hm, another hair..."

"What did you just say, Ryuzaki?" Soichiro asked looking slightly offended. I watched carefully as the scene played out before me. I was ready to jump in if something went wrong. Beside me, Dad had stopped working and was watching the conversation closely.' Well, well, well. L knows your going to end up killing him, after all. You're going to fail to save your precious bond-mate from Rem and Kira. I can't wait to see you broken.' The voice hissed gleefully as it taunted me.

"Exactly. What are you talking about anyway?" Matsuda asked in confusion.

"If anything happens to me, I've asked Watari to make himself available to you, so I'm counting on the team." L said as he turned around. I noticed his eyes seemed to linger on me for longer than the rest of the Task-Force members.

"Ryuzaki, you said he was almost cleared and now this? Honestly how much do you suspect my son?" Soichiro asked his voice carrying a note of despair.

"Hm, The truth is, I've never been in a situation like this. Also due to certain situations happening, I may not be thinking as clearly as I normally do. So I could be wrong. Maybe I still consider him a suspect only because we don't have anyone else. But still...if I do happen to be killed soon, please assume that your son is Kira. I have no choice but to make a sneak attack. This is all of our wager now." L said with a serious tone.

University

It had been a while since I had gone to school with everything going on. I had taken most of the school work online the past several weeks so I was able to keep up. I was walking through the schoolyard listening to music when I noticed Light was walking with one of his friends. I began to walk over before stopping when I saw L.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Takada asked as he noticed Light staring at L. I watched as Light turned back to his friend looking slightly distracted by L.

"Hah. Hey, Light. How's it going?" L asked as he walked up to the pair. Light's eyes narrowed in frustration as he looked at the detective closely before speaking to his friend.

"Kiyomi, could we continue this later? I need a moment alone with him." Light asked in a sickly polite voice. I cringed at how obviously fake he was acting, almost like a robot.

"Ah, OK," Takada answered nodding before she turned around and headed off down the path. I watched the girl go before focusing on Light and L.

"I hope she's not upset." L commented as he looked toward me in curiosity. I waved before heading toward him and Light.

"Never mind that. Is it OK to be here? Didn't you say you were afraid to appear in public?" Light asked looking slightly annoyed at L for interrupting his day.

"Hi, L." I greeted as I stopped in front of the geniues duo.

"Yeah, I did. But then I realized that as long as you are not Kira, I should be safe. The fact is, you are the only one on the outside who knows me as L. In the unlikely event that I die in the next few days, I've instructed your father and everyone in the headquarters to assume that you are Kira." L said slyly before turning toward me nodding slightly." Hello, Tsuki."