Ch 7. Revelations And Killers

With L At The Hotel

"I apologize for questioning all of you like that, but I'm afraid I had no other choice. I've determined that Kira is not among us." L said calmly as he stared unnervingly at the group.

"Ryuzaki, how can you be certain that we are all innocent?" Soichiro asked curiously.

"Well, to be honest, from the beginning I set a number of traps that would reveal if any of you was Kira. But after speaking with you one-on-one, I don't feel the need." L responded looking slightly sheepish.

With Tsuki

"Thank you so much for everything you've done, Tsuki. I am truly grateful." Naomi said as we came to the door.

"Oh, before we go in there is something I want to say." I said shifting slightly.

"Yes?" Naomi asked slightly apprehensively.

"I am working for L. I have offered my help and L agreed." I said as close to the truth as possible.

"So, L trusts you then." Naomi whispered softly." Tsuki there is something I have to tell you. You see, the name I gave you earlier, well, it wasn't actually my real name. I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry. It's all right. To be honest, I'm impressed by how incredibly thorough you've been. You've stayed one step ahead of me. But I suppose that's just further proof of your capabilities." I said cheerfully smiling at Naomi. Naomi sighed before handing me her drivers license. I looked at the card before handing it back.

"Hey, Naomi? I have one more thing to say before we go in.....and you can't tell anyone." I said seriously. Naomi tilted her head confused but nodded slightly. I leaned forward so my mouth was right next to her ear.

"I'm Tenshi." I whispered in her ear. Naomi's eyes widen as she stepped back in shock. I smiled before handing her the clothes.

"Would you mind giving these to my father?" I asked sweetly as if nothing had happened. Naomi just nodded absentmindedly in shock. I turned to walk away before I looked back

"Good-bye. Naomi Misora." I said smiling before walking back out of the building.

TIME SKIP

Old Abandoned Warehouse

I was waiting patiently for my contact to arrive with BB. It was currently midnight and they would be here any minute. While waiting I decided to listen to one of my favorites songs- Painted Smile by Madame Macabre. Turning up the volume I drowned myself in the music.

I can't even remember how it started
A nagging voice:
My normal then departed from me
Primal urges spiriting my senses away
Foggy glimpses of the boy I used to be

Preyed upon by the lowest of society
They're parasitic
Demanding your conformity
Pushing limits:
Ripping through
The last shreds of my humanity

I'm not but a shadow of what I was
And I'm hellbent and headed for you
Surely you've realized that there's
No way out of this alive
Close your eyes
Cause it's time
For you to "go to sleep"

Climbing through your windowpane
I'm creeping closer, can you hear me?
Go on, mock me! Say I'm insane!
But it's you who's caught in my game
Cat and mouse a lovely circle
What your tongue! Those words are hurtful
Hush now, won't you stay awhile?
Join me with a
Painted smile

Tragic faces stationed at my bedside
Warm embraces hollow on the inside
And their eyes betray them
Widening with fear and worry
Fuses burn down
And my vision becomes blurry