03 - a visit

03 - a visit

Paul sauntered back in laughter. He found John's note to be extremely hilarious, especially at a time like this since he's grieving. He folded the note and then placed it into his pocket. He then decided to pay John a visit, in hopes to console him and give him reassurance that he did not, in fact, need to feel like complete and utter shit.

When he arrived to the flower shop, the bell above the door dinged, notifying John of Paul's arrival. John, who was organizing flowers in the back, heard the bell then stopped what he was doing to tend to his customer. When the auburn-haired lad saw it was Paul, his heart skipped a beat and his face beamed. He didn't know exactly why he was reacting this way, but nonetheless it did.

"Hiya, Paul!" John greeted, waving as he stood behind the counter. "I'm guessing ye got the flowers, yeah?"

Paul nodded. "Yes, I did. Thank you." he said, stuffing his hands in his pockets. He caught a glimpse of John's chocolate-brown orbs glimmering in the sunlight and instantly melted. He felt his lips curve up into a goofy grin. "I, uh, also came by to reassure you that you shouldn't feel like shit." He said, stammering over his words. "You simply didn't know my mum passed, so it's alright."

John nodded. "Well thank ye," he looked down at the binder of flower orders. "I'll still feel like shit, that's just because that's who I am." he smiled. "Would ye like to have a spot of tea after I'm done?"

Paul felt his heart rate accelerate. He felt his cheeks blush. "I'd like that. Could get me out of the house."

John nodded. "Good," he said. "I'll be out in thirty minutes and be at your place. You live across from the store, yeah?"

Paul hummed. "Mhm." He then headed towards the door. "See ye then."

John waved him goodbye. "See ya."